What's new

Yaqi slants, 1 or 2

Hey guys
Ive been wandering if the yaqi slant head is the same as the head on the yaqi slant Agamemnon. If not, is the full slant smoother than the head sold alone.
Thanks
Screenshot_20201011_122329.jpg
Screenshot_20201011_122416.jpg

@Chard52142 do you know the answer? You are my reference when it comes to Ali
Hi and thanks for your confidence in me 😁 😁 A very good question you posed.
In my humble opinion, both are of the same head. The Chrome Slant head is just a day or 2 from arriving at my place.

To be sure though, I have had asked the same question directly to Yaqi and am waiting for their reply. I will let you know as soon as I get the final confirmation.

I love the FOCS that you have and the great glowing shave reports you've posted, including all other FOCS users here.
I am waiting for an excuse and any sale for the FOCS because the cost including shipping to my place...is hmmmm:confused:

Hi @Smooth and Sharp
FYI, I received the Yaqi Slant head yesterday and shave with it today...
Wow...be aware...it is super duper aggressive. The blade is almost protruding out...
As compare to the RazoRock G37
20201014_185736.jpg

20201014_185932.jpg

20201014_233613.jpg

The G37 blade is curved downward towards the safety bar but the Yaqi Slant blade edge is protruding out...
Multiple weepers this morning eventhough very careful and just riding the cap...
Hahahaha...it's an adventure though...hahaha

Hi @Smooth and Sharp
FYI, I received the Yaqi Slant head yesterday and shave with it today...
Wow...be aware...it is super duper aggressive. The blade is almost protruding out...
As compare to the RazoRock G37
View attachment 1168666
View attachment 1168667
View attachment 1168668
The G37 blade is curved downward towards the safety bar but the Yaqi Slant blade edge is protruding out...
Multiple weepers this morning eventhough very careful and just riding the cap...
Hahahaha...it's an adventure though...hahaha
Hahaha sounds fun and dangerous. Let us know if you learn how to ride the bull.

How much does Yaqi charge for shipping to the US from Australia? Just wondering if it's cheaper ordering from Ali Express with free shipping.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
How much does Yaqi charge for shipping to the US from Australia? Just wondering if it's cheaper ordering from Ali Express with free shipping.
It's probably double or triple the price depending on the exchange rate and whether you buy just the head. I got mine for less than $10 from aliexpress. Shipping was surprisingly fast. They even notified me when it entered the US, was delivered, etc.

Overall aliexpress provided a great experience.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OK....I finally tamed the aggressive Yaqi Slant razor. Today's shave was nicely smooth and comfortable even for the atg around and on the upper lip area. I added a shim to reduce the blade chattering. The result was super! Better efficiency than the previous day's shave with the Karve F plate! Really enjoyed using the slant today!
20201205_111816.jpg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
OK....I finally tamed the aggressive Yaqi Slant razor. Today's shave was nicely smooth and comfortable even for the atg around and on the upper lip area. I added a shim to reduce the blade chattering. The result was super! Better efficiency than the previous day's shave with the Karve F plate! Really enjoyed using the slant today!
View attachment 1190734
How long ago did you get yours? Mine has zero chatter. I hear they have made a couple of versions. They are now on the third. Might be worthwhile to shell out another ten dollars!

I got mine around mid-Oct 2020. What about you? Hahahaha....no more spending for the rest of the year!!!
2021 is just around the corner though..... 😆😆

View attachment 1190734
I ordered this same head from Yaqishaving. What did you use as a shim and can you post any pics to illustrate the proper placement of the shim? Thanks.

I ordered this same head from Yaqishaving. What did you use as a shim and can you post any pics to illustrate the proper placement of the shim? Thanks.
Thanks for your comment. I put another DE blade as a shim. Both of these blade sharp cutting edges must be cut-off using just a simple scissor. You now load your shaving blade on the top-cap with the post then this shim-blade on top.
So, the shim blade is actually closest to the base plate while the shaving blade is closest to the top-cap. I saw this in the GeoFatBoy u-tube video recently but his objective is to make a razor more aggressive while mine is to make the shaving blade more rigid and not flex & chatter especially going atg.
Pics below as per my explanation...1-4. Notice the shim-blade with both sharp cutting edge snip-off.
20201205_220650.jpg

Tomorrow's shave with the Gillette Super Adjustable with the same shim blade to make it more aggressive... 😆😁
20201205_215801.jpg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I got mine around mid-Oct 2020. What about you? Hahahaha....no more spending for the rest of the year!!!
2021 is just around the corner though..... [emoji38][emoji38]
Hmmm I got mine the same time. Did you get it from au or Chinese site?

Top Bottom