What's new

Yaqi slants, 1 or 2

Hmmm I got mine the same time. Did you get it from au or Chinese site?
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Hi, I got it from Aliexpress. I have the Knight Helmet too btw...hahahaha. I would say it's more of a YMMV thingy. Depending on the blade etc. I tend to experience chattering especially going atg....
BTW, the shave with the Yaqi Slant gives me a long stubble-free result...amazing!

Thanks Chard52142 . A very well explained and illustrated tutorial on blade shims. I never saw a shim made from the razor blade itself. Kind of a no brainer but brilliant.
Hey, thanks! I learn from watching u-tube too. In-fact, using the same method gives me a more efficient shave using milder razors like the Gillette Super Adjustable and Red Tip. Very interesting indeed...

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Hi, I got it from Aliexpress. I have the Knight Helmet too btw...hahahaha. I would say it's more of a YMMV thingy. Depending on the blade etc. I tend to experience chattering especially going atg....
BTW, the shave with the Yaqi Slant gives me a long stubble-free result...amazing!
terrific!

Thanks for your comment. I put another DE blade as a shim. Both of these blade sharp cutting edges must be cut-off using just a simple scissor. You now load your shaving blade on the top-cap with the post then this shim-blade on top.
So, the shim blade is actually closest to the base plate while the shaving blade is closest to the top-cap. I saw this in the GeoFatBoy u-tube video recently but his objective is to make a razor more aggressive while mine is to make the shaving blade more rigid and not flex & chatter especially going atg.
Pics below as per my explanation...1-4. Notice the shim-blade with both sharp cutting edge snip-off.
View attachment 1190839
Tomorrow's shave with the Gillette Super Adjustable with the same shim blade to make it more aggressive... 😆😁
View attachment 1190843

so correct me if im wrong you used to blades one on top of each other in it? btw im a noob :)

so correct me if im wrong you used to blades one on top of each other in it? btw im a noob :)
Hey, thanks for asking. Yes, 2 blades together. You can see how GeoFatBoy does it on u-tube. That's how I learned...

love the look of the slant, just something different imo
Slant razor is really something different (for me at least). It tends to give more efficient shave results. I have the Razorock G37 and Parker Semi-Slant too and really like them.....but this Yaqi Slant is...a good challenge 😆😁:D with excellent results!

Reactions: saj
Hey, thanks for asking. Yes, 2 blades together. You can see how GeoFatBoy does it on u-tube. That's how I learned...

Slant razor is really something different (for me at least). It tends to give more efficient shave results. I have the Razorock G37 and Parker Semi-Slant too and really like them.....but this Yaqi Slant is...a good challenge 😆😁:D with excellent results!
Got a link to the geofat vid?

I'm going to get that Yaqi slant not sure when though lol 👍

Got a link to the geofat vid?
I'm going to get that Yaqi slant not sure when though lol 👍
Here you go for the link...

The link is for shimming the razor to make it more aggressive...

Go for it man but be forewarned...hahahaha. The result...if you can control the Yaqi Slant, is awesome!!

Reactions: saj
Top Bottom