What's new

Yaqi Slant Razor

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have to post a review of this fantastic razor.

I wasn't able yet to inspect in detail, but nonetheless popped in a blade and went for a shave in the shower.

Let me preface the review by saying that I have delicate skin combined with a coarse beard that grows in all directions. This makes it exceedingly difficult to find a razor that is efficient enough for a 3 pass shave, without having to do a lot of buffing, that irritates my skin.

When I do find such a razor, if it is too aggressive, it obviously irritates my skin as well.

The Yaqi razor is one of my best finds in the past several years. It holds the blade tightly, making blade placement a no brainer. It looks vicious, but delivers bite comparable to an R41 - manageable. You can feel the razor removing hairs, but it doesn't particularly hurt.

Efficiency - off the charts. More than my CG level 3, R41, and I even think the iKon Tech. But this razor is so much more comfortable than the R41 and iKon. It's less comfy than my CG level 3, but that is OK because it's more efficient than all 3. I had to do almost zero buffing in this morning's shave.

The only razor that IIRC is comparable in efficiency in the Wunderbar. I didn't keep that, but as I remember it was less comfortable.

All this is a no brainer for less than $10. If you have dense hair like I do, I strongly urge you to buy this razor!!

I second CzechCzar's highly positive assessment of the Yaqi slant. It's a superb razor. It has displaced my R41 and my Fatip OC. I know that's hard to believe, but it's true.

Top Bottom