What's new

Slant razors

Cool, thanks so much for the quick reply! :)

Open comb is supposed to be better for thick hair, right?

The open comb style is good for the person that shaves less frequently.

For Fatip in particular, the OC seems to deliver a closer shave that lasts longer. The safety bar "Gentile" is not really easier on the skin, IMHO, so I sometimes wonder what purpose it really serves.

If you find the Fatip OC giving you irritation, try experimenting with your shaving angle. It can be a very smooth and comfortable shaving razor with practice.

Hi,

I have coarse whiskers. My wife calls me Mr Porcupine at times. While I use open combs, I also have safety bars and can't say as I see any difference between one bar style and the other. Even if I don't shave for a day or two, which is rare. I'm a daily shaver.

I began with a pre-war Tech from my dad when I was 15 and then wound up with an Old Type from my grandfather when I was 18. Now, there is a rather large difference between a Tech and an OT when it comes to the way they shave. But it isn't the safety bar vs the open comb as to why. ;)

Stan

For me the list looks like this:

Merkur 39C - Any blade I put in it just works. Shave feels great. It was my very first slant and I absolutely love this razor.
Wunderbar- Amazing razor.
Merkur 37C- I keep this one in my locker at work
Razorock Stealth Slant v.1 - Also kept in my work locker as my back up razor
FaTip slant - For whatever the reason my face does not get along with this razor as much, contrary to great reviews. It has not seen the light of day for a few years now. I‘ll break it out and give it another few shaves.

Do the Fatip slants do that? I'm looking at getting a slant cuz I hear they're nice for thick hair, and Fatips are cheap.
Cannot comment on bend reductions. But the Fatip Lo Storto is a first rate slant OC. The price point cannot be beat and I find that it generally gives me a most excellent shave. It's not the top most tier but given the price, it's absolutely incredible. Ignoring the price point, this is just one notch below the best slants. there is a tiny bit of roughness, thats all.

I got 2 to start, then decided they were nothing special.....now I have 12+; and if cost is an issue: get the Parker SemiSlant......get it on sale....I think I paid $23....and it's a great razor!!! RR German 37 great thing, also inexpensive.....

And if you try them and like them........eventually you might see the light......that is ......the RR Wunderbar......even if you don't speak German you will get the name...

Top Bottom