What's new

yaqi open comb

well it turned up today my $8 razor head its great .

ok the shave
in the shower with my trusty palmolive stick , i loaded the yaqi with a 2 use gillette/wilki
latherd up and expected a aggressive shave but was shocked it was as smooth as my rockwell on #4 .
yes its going to stay in my rotation .And yes i will rate it as a fecking good buy .
yaqi-chrome-open-comb-safety-razor-head-srh06.jpg

ok the shave
in the shower with my trusty palmolive stick , i loaded the yaqi with a 2 use gillette/wilki
latherd up and expected a aggressive shave but was shocked it was as smooth as my rockwell on #4 .
yes its going to stay in my rotation .And yes i will rate it as a fecking good buy .
View attachment 1149233
I just bought this myself, have yet to try. Do you have any other OC razors to compare it with? If so what are your thoughts?

ok the shave
View attachment 1149233

Yaqi Beast good head

So I tried the Yaqi oc today for the first time. used Proraso red cream and just an ice cold water pre shave. Razor loaded with a brand new Polsilver Super Iridium blade. One wtg and two xtg passes.
I experienced the closest, smoothest shave I've had since God knows when. I have the D.O.C. but this normal open comb head blows it out of the water in terms of efficiency and smoothness. It is in no way aggressive though the blade exposure makes it look that way.

I feel that the Yaqi top aggressive slant is the best bargain out there. It shaves as close as my R41 but smoother. It's a bit more efficient but still almost as smooth as the fatip OC slant. Lovely razor! Mine too two weeks to get to California.

The Yaqi DOC open comb head is a clone of Merkur 25C and the other Merkur OC variants. It shaves just as good as the Merker in every respect which is really good !
I too enjoy using my Yaqi DOC, though my new OC surpasses it on performance and I use the same blades in it. Polsilver Super Iridium.

the only problem is now i have to order a new handle as i cant be arsed keep swapping the handle from my rockwell over also less wear if i have 2 handles .

the only problem is now i have to order a new handle as i cant be arsed keep swapping the handle from my rockwell over also less wear if i have 2 handles .
I bought some of the Yaqi handles for mine, nicely weighted and of course fit perfectly, Have a brass one that came with the doc going spare if anyone interested it's far too long for my liking.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
is this the head you are talking about?

is this the head you are talking about?

No not the one I'm talking about, mine isn't the Yaqi grill, just the plain Open Comb

A few months ago I ordered the gold handle from a 3rd party from Ali. It took 9 weeks to get. Aren't you looking for a handle?
yes i am i have a winning bid at the moment on a brand new stainless on the bay at $11. so we will see how that goes first.

Top Bottom