What's new

WWI Gillette Military sets

Hi folks,

I saw that some of us have these Gillette sets but I was wondering where I might find more information about them? I read about them on a fellow poster's site (Achim's) but is there anywhere else I can do more research and learn more about them?

I have more than a passing interest in WWI history so I wanted to find out more.

Thanks in advance chaps,

Michael

Post here if you do find a good source. I'd like to know more myself. I do know that the Silver 1920 Old Type Bulldog I found this past weekend was given to officers while the enlisted men received a basic Old Type. Here is mine.

proxy.php

Yup. That's the one. And it isn't nickel plated. It is silver. It was tarnished almost black when I found it and it polished up beautifully. I used it for the first time yesterday morning and it was great! Very aggressive! I am definitely keeping this one for my self for awhile anyway.

:biggrin:

I will certainly post if I find anything. Does anyone know how long any of these sets were produced for? My US Service set has a Gillette Old type razor (with the old style ball handle) in there (though I'm not sure if it is original or not). The only information I have found is that the cases were made in WWI but how long were they made after the war? The case itself never had a name engraved on it.

Achim: I have to say, that is one gorgeous razor set! :w00t: I hope to one day run into one of those on Ebay or at an auction/flea market somewhere. :blush:

AsylumGuido: That is a good looking razor, it does look aggressive too. :)

Top Bottom