What's new

WOW, just wow! Where is this guy when I'm selling

I don't tend to get beaten on eBay too often and then usually not by much.

In this case though I just got blown away!

The bidding history really shows that all it takes is two people to REALLY want something (I was third)

BidderBid AmountBid Time
d***6( 401) US $645.00Jun-16-13 20:05:13 PDT
d***i( 115)US $635.00Jun-16-13 20:05:13 PDT
ourbirdau( 671)US $387.87Jun-16-13 20:05:07 PDT
e***v( 0 )US $315.00Jun-16-13 20:02:46 PDT
e***v( 0 )US $300.00Jun-16-13 20:00:38 PDT
e***v( 0 )US $280.00Jun-16-13 19:48:51 PDT
e***v( 0 )US $250.00Jun-16-13 19:11:12 PDT
o***n( 99)US $221.00Jun-16-13 20:02:54 PDT
o***n( 99)US $216.00Jun-16-13 20:02:23 PDT
o***n( 99)US $202.50Jun-16-13 20:01:35 PDT
e***v( 0 )US $200.00Jun-16-13 18:36:47 PDT
o***n( 99)US $200.00Jun-16-13 19:57:22 PDT
o***n( 99)US $195.00Jun-16-13 19:56:37 PDT

Some of the other bids and bidding history is interesting too ...

Last edited:
He almost doubled your bid

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is a pretty nice item. The price was a little on the premium side.

I doubt that the high bidder expected someone else to think "I'll just throw a stupid amount of money at it and then I'm sure to get it"

Mark, I'm assuming you're "ourbirdau"? Not that I would have won but it would have been between me and you minus that other buyer, but my sniper didn't bid for me it looks like. I was discussing with a friend that I really didnt see it going for over 400 but good lord! We'll get him next time

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 399
I know the winner of this auction: he is a collector from France. Suffice it to say, he has won many CFM auctions in the past including the 500$ Gillette President set! He sells his excess items regularly in eBay France and I purchased my Sheraton & French Aristocrat 16 sets from him (at reasonable prices!!). Quite a nice guy, but is willing to throw any amount of money to buy nice sets like this!

yea, all i wanted was the sleeve, not worth paying that much for it lol. im not sure why it went for so much honestly. i would have guessed 400 max. glad i didnt have to pay that much

He almost doubled your bid

Yes the top two did - I was WAY off!

I guess some guys are just really into Big Boy/Fellows......

It does look very clean.

Obviously and yes it does :)

I doubt that the high bidder expected someone else to think "I'll just throw a stupid amount of money at it and then I'm sure to get it"

It just takes two!

Mark, I'm assuming you're "ourbirdau"? Not that I would have won but it would have been between me and you minus that other buyer, but my sniper didn't bid for me it looks like. I was discussing with a friend that I really didnt see it going for over 400 but good lord! We'll get him next time

Yep that is me, and I would have pipped you. The two top bidders though - amazing!

I know the winner of this auction: he is a collector from France. Suffice it to say, he has won many CFM auctions in the past including the 500$ Gillette President set! He sells his excess items regularly in eBay France and I purchased my Sheraton & French Aristocrat 16 sets from him (at reasonable prices!!). Quite a nice guy, but is willing to throw any amount of money to buy nice sets like this!

It is a nice set but it makes it hard for mere mortals to afford them at these prices ...

yea, all i wanted was the sleeve, not worth paying that much for it lol. im not sure why it went for so much honestly. i would have guessed 400 max. glad i didnt have to pay that much

Yep, maybe this is all getting two hard and I should pack it all in...

Exactly right Turtle. I would guess both the high bidders were surprised. I am sure the under bidder never thought he/she would be outbid. Maybe the most surprised person of all was the seller who looks like an estate sale clearing house selling nickle and dime items by way of comparison. Did his home work on the razor however. Really would have been interesting to be in a live auction room with these two and Mark. Who knows where it would have ended. I would guess more than this as ego would have kicked in eventually. Probably have all been in auctions that "took off." Was in one last week bidding electronically in real time and I finally stopped at 400 Euro over what something was worth because two of us really wanted the item. But at some point it became "I am not going to let that guy have this" and not that it would really fit in nicely in my collection. (was not a razor.) The lesson to be learned here, I think, is to attend more Estate sales.

I lost a birth quarter fat boy with case to a snipe bid a few days ago. It was interesting because I had the high bid with less than three seconds to go before the snipe came in and when I looked at the bid history the snipe bid was five minutes before the end of the auction. I wonder how that happens?

I lost a birth quarter fat boy with case to a snipe bid a few days ago. It was interesting because I had the high bid with less than three seconds to go before the snipe came in and when I looked at the bid history the snipe bid was five minutes before the end of the auction. I wonder how that happens?

Automatic bidding program, I guess...unfair.

That is nuts. I always bid say 20 -30 over what I am comfortable paying if it is something I really want. I like to amortize it in my head and reduce my pizza budget accordingly. However in this case anyone would have been blown out.

Looks like he just won again (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-Gillette-razor-And-Blades-/171056312221?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=mee%252F5EtIHFLLNNIg%252Bw5w%252FlKauKc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc). Good luck to him if he can afford it, I wish I could.

proxy.php
Bidder
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Bid Amount
Bid Time
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
Member Id: d***6
proxy.php