What's new

Wolverine 1000 mile 721 LTD

Man that is a great looking boot. I've been wanting the Original 1000 Mile Boot from Wolverine so badly but just can't justify buying it only making $9.25/hour :(

Timebomb, invest in a good boot and they'll be with you forever.

I spent $120 (making $6/hr at the time) in 1995, at age 18 and bought some lace-up Justin cowboy boots (not too dissimilar from these, but a working man's boot).

It's now 2012, i'm 34, and i've worn those boots around the planet twice for everything from dancing, herding cows, hunting, walking Europe and even to a funeral. I'd say my initial expense was justified.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"

I spent $120 (making $6/hr at the time) in 1995, at age 18 and bought some lace-up Justin cowboy boots (not too dissimilar from these, but a working man's boot).

It's now 2012, i'm 34, and i've worn those boots around the planet twice for everything from dancing, herding cows, hunting, walking Europe and even to a funeral. I'd say my initial expense was justified.

Buy Once, Cry Once. :yesnod:

Are you able to say where you picked one of these up from? I've done some searching but can't seem to get a line on anything. Any help? They look pretty awesome!

Umm... :)

Buy Once, Cry Once. :yesnod:
Thanks for egging me on guys!

came across another opportunity to pick up another pair of 1000s. this time, Bradfords in tan (low cut wingtip, similar to Addison model).

proxy.php

in a couple weeks i'll post some pics of some lightly worn-in 721s.

i'll see what i can do.. pictures of anything larger than a SOTD seem to not come out so hot o my camera from my mobile.

taking pictures of shoes is not my forte.

proxy.php

i am loving these 721s... haven't got a pic of the bradfords, i try to get some today..

I think it's a great shot, a more candid photo gives a more realistic idea of what to expect. They do look pretty spiffy!

I just recently saw the wingtip version and was surprised at how great they look...I have AE Daltons and have been thinking about the wolverines for some time

I may be dreaming...... but I found ONE LAST PAIR of these 721 ltd. edition boots on Badowers.com in size 11 D. I grabbed them. I don't know if they are factory seconds or what..... they are supposedly new. They are advertised as new at least and say nothing about being seconds. Anyhow..... I'm hoping the size is correct. I wear Alden Barrie Last 11 D and AE Park Avenue 5 (65) Last 11 E. I measure 11.5 to 12 D on the Brannock. Can anyone else out there confirm that the 11 D in the 1000 mile 721 is probably the ideal fit for me?

Also, if anyone can comment on the difference between Alden Color 8 Shell and the Color 8 Shell on this shoe, it would be greatly appreciated. I know that the shell for both shoes comes from Horween in Chicago, but I am also aware that typically Alden finishes their Color 8 Shell a little differently than other shoemakers, these being a callaboration between Wolverine and Allen Edmonds.

Thanks!

Ben

Last edited:
Top Bottom