What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

Pre: my own blend of oils
Razor: Antique bronze WR2 1.15SB with Darwin
Blade: Wizamet SI (5)
Brush: Varlet Ranger 25.4 mm HD
Lather: Proraso blue cream

This was the first use of my new Varlet Ranger brush. Working with Aldo was great. Patience is the key when ordering one of these, but the end result is a tremendous brush. It did lose quite a bit of hairs on this first use, like more than 50, but from what I understand, this is typical and will cease eventually.

CA987FCA-C7CD-4CD2-818F-2D2F07D27C7E.jpeg
0A7E48E1-5D28-486B-932D-D30B9EC6C757.jpeg

Last edited:

This was the first use of my new Varlet Ranger brush. Working with Aldo was great. Patience is the key when ordering one of these, but the end result is a tremendous brush. It did lose quite a bit of hairs on this first use, like more than 50, but from what I understand, this is typical and will cease eventually.

View attachment 1598233View attachment 1598237View attachment 1598235
Absolutely gorgeous brush!

View attachment 1598233View attachment 1598237
Beauty @Sherlock40

Another wonderful Wolfman Wednesday Shave report.

EDITOR’S NOTE: In September 2021 I set the goal to finish my first soap shaving 2-3 days a week…today’s shave finally finished an entire Stirling’s Electric Sheep tub. 🎆

Here is The World Famous Author Snoopy writing The BBS Report
B9193A04-5732-41A9-B33F-1B448C27C262.jpeg

It was a dark and stormy night…Guided by their fearless Captain, a Badger and Wolf made quick haste exiting the den for an epic showdown with a hairy beast. When confronted the stubborn beast turned a side-eye glare toward them and raised its stubble in defiance, drawing the battle line. Using a light Feather touch with almost mythical precision and efficiency, the Wolf’s fangs cut against the beast’s skin. When finished, the Badger and Wolf left the beast’s skin feeling Baby Bottom Smooth.

Razor: Wolfman Ti 1.15/Darwin
Blade: Feather
Brush: Paladin Honey Noir Beehive
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper​

Happy Shaving Everyone!

IMG_0507.jpg

Another comparison shave as I continue to test the .74 SB titanium.

I'll shave again with the titanium before the weekend but so far the SS .74 OC is way smoother, as are the .67 and .61 open combs. Not sure I really like the low weight of the titanium razor (55 v 100g). It makes the head too light. However I haven't tried the .74 solid bar in SS so maybe I just don't like that gap? The only solid bar I use routinely is the .61.

Combining SS heads and the titanium handle is great though. Even with the bulky WR3 head.

Will try different blades. Have been using GSB for the comparisons.

Oh and my WR3 .50 SB shipped out yesterday.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Wolfman Wednesday
20230201_110617~2.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (Trident Razors Ti G2 Albion Handle)
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: @Graydog 2021 Saint Sue (@apshaveco 26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Belcam Gladiator
20230201_110617~4.jpg

Superb razor and shave! :cool:

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12112562

View attachment 1598233View attachment 1598237
Great looking brush, mine should arrive sometime next week.

Top Bottom