What's new

With more time at home, have you changed your shaving routine?

With the enforced changes to our daily lives, our regular habits and routines can be drastically altered. Many of the members of the B&B family are set in our ways. We shave at specific times. We spend a certain amount of time shaving depending on the day of the week. Work days have one routine and days off another.

Things have changed. Working at home or not working. Long commutes or much shorter ones - if any at all. No business trips. Few social gatherings. Life is different. Hopefully only for a relatively short time.

What changes to your shaving routines have occurred? More or less often? More time enjoying the process or less attention to details?

Personally I’ve seen fewer changes than many of you. Being retired, I’ve not had tight schedules to keep so not a lot of changes to make. I am curious if my fellow members have experienced a change in how they approach the art of shaving we have all embraced.

What say you?
I have a lot less time at home. I’m still working and am in an essential supply chain so it’s crazy. My best time to actually get work done is early in the morning when I wake up.

So, instead of waking up and shaving in the morning so come right down and start working. Means I shave less and mostly at night, but it’s been interesting to see my choices change. Lots more mellow scents and a lot more lavender.

I've been juggling work and childcare at home for a month now. I'm only shaving 3 - 4 days a week at the moment (usually on days when I have a meeting on Skype).

Strange times!

Nope - still the same after four weeks working from home.
Up at 5:30am then shower and shave - my same routine for like ever.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aloha,

I started using a straight razor on Jan.1, 2020 as my New Years resolution to take on something that I've been putting off for the last 5 years. As fast as I could go I was only able to get through 1 pass with the straight. I would use my slant DE for a fast 2nd pass. Then off to work.

Now that I work from home, I stick with the straight for all 3 passes. Yes it takes time but, I have all the time in the world now. I'm glad for the time as my technique is getting better every day with no more bleeders but, still some razor burn. Although even that is getting less and less.

I even have time for a walk outside.

Mahalo,

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Being under a 24/7 curfew and only being allowed out for a few hours each week, I am now SR shaving twice a day (just for the enjoyment) and working through honing the first 5 of my seven-day matching set.

The last two of my seven-day matching set are stuck at the local PO which is closed down for the duration.

I still shave every day but I’ve pushed the time back. I get up and start working right away to put out any fires and keep projects on track before the days madness begins. Then around 8am, I take a break and get a nice relaxing shower and shave. I’m still doing a two or three pass shave and enjoying breaking in two new boar brushes and trying some new soaps. Then it’s back to work.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I'm retired, and shave when I'm through with my morning coffee . . . usually by about two in the afternoon (even though I'm up every day by five).

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'm working from home rather than going into the office, but I think I've been enjoying my shaves more. Couldn't put my finger on exactly why that is.

Top Bottom