What's new

With more time at home, have you changed your shaving routine?

With the enforced changes to our daily lives, our regular habits and routines can be drastically altered. Many of the members of the B&B family are set in our ways. We shave at specific times. We spend a certain amount of time shaving depending on the day of the week. Work days have one routine and days off another.

Things have changed. Working at home or not working. Long commutes or much shorter ones - if any at all. No business trips. Few social gatherings. Life is different. Hopefully only for a relatively short time.

What changes to your shaving routines have occurred? More or less often? More time enjoying the process or less attention to details?

Personally I’ve seen fewer changes than many of you. Being retired, I’ve not had tight schedules to keep so not a lot of changes to make. I am curious if my fellow members have experienced a change in how they approach the art of shaving we have all embraced.

What say you?

Nope. I shave just he way I did before this whole thing came down upon us. But I think I enjoy it more now. Probably something about taking the little things in life for granted.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I am doing three full passes every time whereas I used to do two or three. One thing for sure is that I will maintain or improve my personal standards as much as possible, in shaving and everything else. I do not want to find in two months time that I have gained 40 pounds, let my home and garden get untidy, and need a shower and a haircut. If and when I go back to work I want to be a better man than when I left. Let's hope so 👍

Life goes on!
And, yesterday was, indeed, Census Day!

colgate rubberset fillette aqua velva ice sport april 1 2020.jpg

I am a daily shaver so still enjoy my shaves which follow the same routine. There has been a little change in that I shave a little earlier but then daylight comes earlier.

I am working from home this week. Nevertheless, I still shave like normal everyday except I now do it about an hour later in the day.

I shave every day, and follow the same routine pretty precisely. It's one of the few things that hasn't changed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I shave every day with the same routine, but I have been revisiting some of my old razors & changing up my soaps/creams for a variety. Being retired and now being restricted to home just thought I would shake things up.

I'm working from home this week, and probably for the foreseeable future, but I'm trying not to alter my routine too much lest it make it tough to get moving in the mornings when things return to normal. Alarm goes off at the same old time, shave is the same. The time formerly devoted to commuting is spent catching up on B&B and a few other distractions before I have to log in to work.

I usually shave every 2-3 days but staying home makes me want to shave everyday. So far, my skin's taking it okay but I am feeling more irritation each time. I gotta give a day of rest at least..

Since I'm working from home, I don't have to shave first thing in the morning. Now, I shave in the early afternoon.

I find that it's a good way to give myself a mid-day boost.

Top Bottom