What's new

With more time at home, have you changed your shaving routine?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Since I'm working from home, I don't have to shave first thing in the morning. Now, I shave in the early afternoon.

That's me. Down to the basement for a quick workout, then a shower and shave. All over my lunch hour. My days are at least two hours longer now with no commute and I save another 20 minutes not going to and from the gym. I'm perfectly happy working out at home.

I see gyms having a tougher go of things after this all goes away. Lots of folks that figure out the workout at home bit and don't have a need for a social setting to work out in... why change that?

I’ve started to shave with a straight instead of my normal DE shenanigans. I’ve been using a cheap Gold Dollar 66 (which I recently ruined while sharpening), gonna be switching to my vintage Dovo Fritz and Bracht 4/8th soon. However, even with the GD I’ve actually had less irritation than when I use my usual feathers in my adjustable Viking blade emperor Meiji razor.

Nope, our 'furry kids' still wake us up between 0430 and 0500 (CST) each day--morning potty and backyard playtime. I still shave between 0530 and 0600 every morning.

Yes. Normally I shave every day, as I work in hospitality and I am expected to be clean-shaven. However, due to being furloughed, I have taken the opportunity to attempt growing a beard. Apart from a slight trim occasionally with an electric razor, it's been two weeks since I last shaved.

Not really. As a retiree, little has changed. I've been staying at home more, in order to avoid contact with walking Petri dishes, but its been ten years since I had to regularly be somewhere a any particular time.

I am the same, almost everyday, with an exceptional weekend day of no shaves. They say I’m essential so I have to carry papers when i am out amongst them. Now I apply more aftershave and cologne during the day to kill any germs. My comfort blanket I guess. There is some happiness in all this, I smell better for more hours in the day.

I’ve switched up my shower routine, morning now, shave after, allows me to enjoy aftershave scent throughout the morning. And, did a mud mask yesterday before my shave...trying new things.

With the enforced changes to our daily lives, our regular habits and routines can be drastically altered. Many of the members of the B&B family are set in our ways. We shave at specific times. We spend a certain amount of time shaving depending on the day of the week. Work days have one routine and days off another.

Things have changed. Working at home or not working. Long commutes or much shorter ones - if any at all. No business trips. Few social gatherings. Life is different. Hopefully only for a relatively short time.

What changes to your shaving routines have occurred? More or less often? More time enjoying the process or less attention to details?

Personally I’ve seen fewer changes than many of you. Being retired, I’ve not had tight schedules to keep so not a lot of changes to make. I am curious if my fellow members have experienced a change in how they approach the art of shaving we have all embraced.

What say you?
Still shave every day as before. Now I do take more time and enjoy the luxury of a nice shave.

I’ve started working from home and have a little more time on my hands due to the lack of a commute. I’d grown a pretty good beard over the winter, but found I was always touching it, combing and coiffing, which is less than ideal during this challenging time. Couple that with being prepared to wear a mask if needed, either for my benefit or for others’, and I decided to go clean shaven for the first time 17 years. This really turned up my learning and gives me more surface area to shave, which is helping refine my technique and preferred products. I’m shaving every day, mostly as I’m curious about the next permutation of razor, blade, soap, brush. More shaving is great!
9C0DFF72-07F8-4040-ADC7-892AF8670267.jpeg

Since I've got a lot more time to kill, I'm not working at the moment because of the confinement.

I've gone from once every three days to everyday, I've two young kids at home and after all the homework, I head up to the bathroom, and shave.

It's good to be alone at times!!!

It appears that, so far, most have experienced changes in our routines. From minor to major.

My count, considering all the answers, shows the following:

No Changes. 16. 25%

Taking More Time. 10. 18%

Changing Time of Day. 12. 21%

More or Less Often. 12. 21%

Using Different Hard/Soft wares. 6. 11%

Some had more than one change in routine.

It would be interesting to see if further changes occur as time goes on during this abnormal period. Will it ever get back to what we have considered “Normal”? Will we revert to old habits?

Feel free to add new comments or revise old ones.

I wouldn't consider a change of hardware or software to be quarantine related, since most of us here have advanced cases of RAD, SAD, BAD, & BLAD.

I wouldn't consider a change of hardware or software to be quarantine related, since most of us here have advanced cases of RAD, SAD, BAD, & BLAD.

Those who responded that way seemed to think that it was a change in their normal routine. YMMV.

Slightly more frequently now, and also I'm going through the razors that I had acquired over the past year but not used. So far Techs are the winners.

Top Bottom