What's new

Wine Recomendations

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
:a13:

Not overrated, just overpriced.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be the reason why I get wines from other regions/countries...

There was a documentary a few years back called Mondovinos (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411674/). They explained a prices in wine and interview a couple of winemakers in France. They also covered the story between the winemakers and Robert Parker in the '80s... Good doco...

I think that part of price for Bordeaux comes in transportation... If I remember correctly, I was told that Italian wines are usually cheaper because they bring them by boat and French wines are imported by plane... Well, it's like that in Canada at least!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I was told that Italian wines are usually cheaper because they bring them by boat and French wines are imported by plane... Well, it's like that in Canada at least!

:blink::blink::blink:

Okay, maybe for Beaujolais Nouveau, but claret?? That stuff has to sit in the cellar for a decade ... so ... a boat might be too slow? :blink:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
:blink::blink::blink:

Okay, maybe for Beaujolais Nouveau, but claret?? That stuff has to sit in the cellar for a decade ... so ... a boat might be too slow? :blink:

I do not know how they work the transportation stuff, even less for an older bottle... However, there was something on TV a couple years ago were they were explaining the cost of a $15 bottle that cost $3 Euros in France. The cost goes up because of taxes + transport. That's were they were mentionning the boat/plane thing...

Top Bottom