What's new

Williams shave soap club?

I love the stuff. Have 20 pucks in a drawer and it was the only soap I used for 5 years straight until I joined here and began a soap addiction that has, in only a matter of weeks, become truly epic. Still go back to Williams at least once a week.

I'd love to try Williams, but it can't be found locally around here anymore.
Not to worry it can still be found online and delivered to your door for less than $2 a puck. A few years ago I got sick and tired of stores being hit or miss. I bought 20 pucks off of amazon for $35 with free shipping. I didn't even have to drive into town to get it. Now that I don't need it for probably the next 6-7 years on my monthly trip to the store I see it all the time.

Ye Gods. The worm has turned.

A moment of silence for the fallen members of the Antisocial Williams Club. A new generation taketh up the spear.

Ye Gods. The worm has turned.

A moment of silence for the fallen members of the Antisocial Williams Club. A new generation taketh up the spear.

Who was the founder of this former club, maybe we could contact him and revive it instead of reinventing the wheel.

I have used it off and on for the last 10 years. A new name and a new beginning Name = "The Williams Mugsters"

I'm gonna see what all the hubbub is about when my package from the Bay arrives:biggrin1:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 239
NOTE to new users of Williams:

make sure to leave warm/hot water on the puck for about 5 minutes so that the top layer of the soap can soften up. from there load up on brush and lather like normal. your foam will not come out looking very full/thick like other lathers, but there will be a lot of lather. when applied to your face, the lather WILL last for several minutes if done correctly.

ive seen a youtube video of a person who reviews soaps where he couldnt make a decent lather with Williams. He noted that the lather wasnt as thick looking as other lathers, as expected, but the lather would not last on his face at all. he would barely finish up lather both sides of his face and the first bit of lather he added would already be drying out.

Williams isn't the easiest to lather up for those unfamiliar with it when compared to Art of shaving soaps and others, but it definitely is the most cost efficient soap ive used.

I concur that there is nothing, nothing at all wrong with Williams.
I use it periodically, if done right it actually is great inexpensive soap.
I actually love the scent of it too... clean smelling........

Yeah, let's make this a real club!!!

But when a puck costs less than $2, lasts 3 months, and it works well, why use anything else?

Because nearly everything else I've tried works better, smells better, and is still cheap enough that price isn't a consideration.

Modern Williams is actually a pretty expensive soap for me, because I only get 3 or 4 shaves out of a puck before it gets tossed :lol:

I think it's great that there seems to be so many of you folks who like Williams. I hope they keep making it for many, many years, but it won't be me that keeps them in business.

I do have 7 pucks of vintage Williams (and 6 pucks of Colgate Cup Soap) and it works very well, but modern Williams you can have.

Who was the founder of this former club, maybe we could contact him and revive it instead of reinventing the wheel.

I think the founder died of acute tendinitis as a result of the effort required to lather modern Williams. Others say that's just a rumor, and that he still wanders the forums, encouraging unsuspecting new shavers to give Williams a whirl. Who knows?

Regardless, the Anti Social Williams thing was a "group" set up in response to the Anti Williams Social group, and was not a forum based "club", and has long since gone down the cyber hole. Create away!

In my opinion Williams is an OK soap and I too prefer it over many other soaps I tried. I had troubles lathering it first two, three times and after that it worked every time I used it.
Clean, soapy, ordinary scent. Very slick, one of the slickest I tried. Needs water.

I just made a Frankenlather with a bit of Col. Conk and a lot of Williams. It was pretty good. I'm not sure I'll use Williams on it's own very often, but the combo might just enter my regular rotation of products.

I just made a Frankenlather with a bit of Col. Conk and a lot of Williams. It was pretty good. I'm not sure I'll use Williams on it's own very often, but the combo might just enter my regular rotation of products.

cant remember if it was stated here in this thread, but i think i heard williams works very well with VDH. or i mistook it for another soap mixed with VDH

Because nearly everything else I've tried works better, smells better, and is still cheap enough that price isn't a consideration.

Modern Williams is actually a pretty expensive soap for me, because I only get 3 or 4 shaves out of a puck before it gets tossed :lol:

I think it's great that there seems to be so many of you folks who like Williams. I hope they keep making it for many, many years, but it won't be me that keeps them in business.

I do have 7 pucks of vintage Williams (and 6 pucks of Colgate Cup Soap) and it works very well, but modern Williams you can have.

is vintage williams made by the same company? ive never tried vintage williams.

Top Bottom