What's new

Williams shave soap club?

We should probably reserve that for the naming thread, or start a new poll thread for it... (Yeah, another poll might be overcooking it a bit.)

The main reason I'd like to start a new thread is so that it can start off with a bunch of info and useful links, the way I started off my SABRE group post. That way the first post is a reference that is easily found, or pointed to.

The main reason I'd like to start a new thread is so that it can start off with a bunch of info and useful links, the way I started off my SABRE group post. That way the first post is a reference that is easily found, or pointed to.

Ok, if you are going to start it and do a nice job like that then I vote we do that. I love what you did with SABRE.

Another excellent Williams shave tonight. No issues with disappearing lather. Had enough lather for three passes, a face wash and still tons of lather left over. Soaking a new puck overnight before shaving, using the Italian barber method to load the brush while letting all of the suds drip into my lather bowl allows me to build a nice thick lather. I think if a person uses this soap on a daily basis you wouldn't need to soak the soap as long once it has softened slightly. I did notice that once I had whipped up my lather it started a little sloppy but then thickened up once it sat for a minute. A personna lab and my Simplex 7 gave me a wonderful BBS. <br>

So my first pucks of Williams' arrived today ('pucks' - 3 for 10 dollars). I've been reading through all the comments and there is a recurring theme: Soak (don't let it dry out) and load long. I've heard this said of Mitchell's, that you should soak, but I've always had best results with a very dry, 'cracked' Mitchell's.
It smells fantastic, like Truefitt and Hill No10, with some orange sherbet thrown in there and, as always, something I can't put my finger on. I'd happily put it on the window sill and let it be (if you couldn't shave with it).
I doubt I'll be shaving with Williams' tonight or tomorrow :( . A Bakelite experiment has landed me in skintensive care, but I (really) hope the next day. Hey, that gives me plenty of time to soak it. I might do a lather test tomorrow.

Top Bottom