What's new

Wilkinson blades

The Inidan blades are the first pic, the German will look similar to the second and third. Also, the last of the UK wilks came in a plastic dispenser and look similar to the German Wilks in the second picture but say 'made in England' on the back.

There were so many different types of NOS Wilks made spanning a 30-40 year period it would be difficult to post them all.

The Wilkinson sword blades I've been using are identical to the blue and red packaging above, except the words written on the outer package are in English and say "Better Shave Every Time".

i LOVE german wilkinsons. my go to blade. i get 9-10 amazing shaves from a blade.

suprisingly, i HATE the LB wilkinsons.i tried one. once. horrible shave.

I understood that your prefered shave was with a Gillette Swede with a 25+ shave-history.....:ciappa:

I have a pack of these in the mainly white packaging with a little blue and black. Came as a throw-in with my first razor. I'll have to report back after trying them.

There's a Wilkinson Sword blade made in India, too, and that one is a pretty good blade.

I agree with you and they are selling them for 10 Rupees for five blade pack! For those of you not familiar with Rupees, 10 rupees is approx. 20 US Cents! I have stocked up a nice pile. I believe that these and other blades are going to disappear in a couple of years when the double layer/triple layer razors take over. The signs are all there even in the less developed world.

I agree with you and they are selling them for 10 Rupees for five blade pack! For those of you not familiar with Rupees, 10 rupees is approx. 20 US Cents! I have stocked up a nice pile. I believe that these and other blades are going to disappear in a couple of years when the double layer/triple layer razors take over. The signs are all there even in the less developed world.

And yet the price in the US, where you can find them is < $1.00 a pack. 5X the mark-up.

I know some guys headed over there in the next few months, I am going to have them stock up for me.

And yet the price in the US, where you can find them is < $1.00 a pack. 5X the mark-up.

I've been stocking up on the white pack Wilkie Classics at my local pharmacy for $1.01 per 5-pack. I find them very comfortable in all of my razors and, to me, that is a bargain price.

The Inidan blades are the first pic, the German will look similar to the second and third. Also, the last of the UK wilks came in a plastic dispenser and look similar to the German Wilks in the second picture but say 'made in England' on the back.

There were so many different types of NOS Wilks made spanning a 30-40 year period it would be difficult to post them all.

Dex are the Indian Wilkinsons ( blue & yellow pack to the far left) any good? I was thinking of getting 100 off ebay.

I got some of the Indian Wilkinsons (made by Gillette!) and find them to be pretty good for the price. Works better for me in my slim and merkur classic razors than in my SSs, but I haven't finished testing yet. Even though I over paid, well above the MRP, it was still a good deal. I would buy more.

The white carded Germans were not so good for me, but it has been a while since I used them. Maybe time for a re-visit. At least a local grocery stocks them for about $1.15 for 5.

Dex are the Indian Wilkinsons ( blue & yellow pack to the far left) any good? I was thinking of getting 100 off ebay.
From what I remember they are not bad, Straight Arrow gave me a pack once to try out. I'll give em another shot and compare them to a UK made Wilk.

I pretty much shave only with the UK Wilks (NOS) and can attest they are excellent. My favorite has to be the LB, but even the last of the ones made in the UK (which are readily available on eBay) are quite good. I'll post up some pix.

I believe that these and other blades are going to disappear in a couple of years when the double layer/triple layer razors take over. The signs are all there even in the less developed world.

THAT is the Dread Shavepokolips which I fear!! :eek:
I hope Gillette falls on their *** trying to market modern junk in in the middle and far east. We need blades!!
Wp

Top Bottom