What's new

Wife Needs Girly Razor, HELP!

Hey guys, I have a question for ya. My wife loved my Merkur 38M and decided that she wanted to get a razor of her own. She ended picking up a pink Weishi razor for about $15.00 on eBay. I told her not to get her hopes up, that it probably wouldn't shave as well as my razor and I was dead right. She has tried various blades in that razor but isn't having much success.

My question is, are you aware of any well built razors that are aimed more for a woman? She wants a more girly looking razor, rather than the all chrome, but with quality more like a Merkur. Please let me know what you think. Thanks! :thumbup1:

Lady Gillette. It's like a blue tip super-speed with a long handle, and it's PRETTY!
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply gents!! I think that may be the answer. I have tried talking her into getting one in the past but she seemed slightly put off by the fact that it was old and used, though I think we may have won her over and now I will be on the search for one in great condition. Cheers!!

The Lady Gillette is basically a superspeed with a longer handle and some blue or pink stars. Merkur has some longer handle models in blue and red also. My wife has a Merkur HD and loves it.

Oh yeah for sure I'll give it a try! I wish she would have listened to me in the first place, and didn't talk me into getting her the Weishi. I thought it may be a let down after using my Merkur.

The Lady Gillette is basically a superspeed with a longer handle and some blue or pink stars. Merkur has some longer handle models in blue and red also. My wife has a Merkur HD and loves it.

My sweetie tried my '65 superspeed, and did not like it as much as her '65 Lady Gillette. She felt like she got a closer smoother shave with the Lady, wether that's because it's milder, or just by virtue of handle length and weight I'm unsure, but she stated a clear preference for the lady over the super-speed, so I got another one for my place.

I wonder if a Knack would work. The handle is long and it doesn't have a reputation for being particularly aggressive.

Funny you bring this up, as I have been looking for a girlie razor for my wife as well...We have been looking at the Merkur HD Blue Handle Barber Pole 38C.

Not pink as she had hoped...oh well...

Funny you bring this up, as I have been looking for a girlie razor for my wife as well...We have been looking at the Merkur HD Blue Handle Barber Pole 38C.

Not pink as she had hoped...oh well...

I didn't know there was such a thing...sounds like it would resemble a Lady Gillette.

Thanks for the reply gents!! I think that may be the answer. I have tried talking her into getting one in the past but she seemed slightly put off by the fact that it was old and used, though I think we may have won her over and now I will be on the search for one in great condition. Cheers!!

A couple NOS on the bay...Kinda pricey...but if it keeps her outta your stash it could be worth it.:lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1969-Vintage-La...207?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51983997bf

http://cgi.ebay.com/Womens-Lady-Gil...632?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb5e8e820

Have one of the brush and handle makers make an acryllic handle in the color you (she) wants for a 3 piece razor of your choice.

A Lady Gillette in any color is a good shave too.

Phil

Top Bottom