What's new

Why the inconsistency?

Hello,

I recently received T&H's West Indian Lime and Lavender creams. The Lavender cream is a lot more dense/thicker, dryer, mushier, whereas the Lime is VERY watery-like. Why the difference? I used the Lavender this morning and it was hard to get a good lather, whereas the Lime had great latherability. Love the lavender scent, just disappointed with its lack of latherability. Opinions & suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Different oils change the properties of the remainder of ingredients. Lime and vanilla stand out as two. Lime will sometimes thin, vanilla usually discolors products. There are also oils that wii sieze cold process soap in the pot before you can get it poured. Some cause irritation more than others.
Sue

I think its much more than that. People have gotten tubs of THE SAME scent over the years with very different properties. Could be anything from pre-packaging settling time, to shelf life, to poor QC.

My T&H West Indies Limes had a 'gross' consistency compared to all of my other T&H products. Watery is a good description since it actually 'sloshes' around in the tub. I've been meaning to check it out at Nordstroms to see if I got a bad batch or something.

I have a tub from the Nordstroms in the Galleria and it is as thick and dense as other creams(TOBS and Trumpers).

When I received creams in very hot or cold weather, their consistency was often totally off, and quite inconsistently so. When some creams warm up a lot and then cool down, they sometimes separate to some extent. Maybe it's such an issue. Try stirring the creams vigorously to homogenize them and see if that helps. Best - MM

My T&H West Indies Limes had a 'gross' consistency compared to all of my other T&H products. Watery is a good description since it actually 'sloshes' around in the tub. I've been meaning to check it out at Nordstroms to see if I got a bad batch or something.

Yes, that's exactly right! I'm kinda disappointed. We'll see what happens.

Top Bottom