What's new

Who wants an olive wood brush handle (with a defect)?

I bought this handle some time ago, and it had a small knot hole (not where the actual knot goes :c9:) that fell out, leaving a <2mm defect. If you can make use of it, send me a PM with your name & address. The first 12 respondents will be numbered, the winner will be chosen by a throw of the dice. No charge for the handle or postage, totally free.

20220528_101036.jpg

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I bought this handle some time ago, and it had a small knot hole (not where the actual knot goes :c9:) that fell out, leaving a <2mm defect. If you can make use of it, send me a PM with your name & address. The first 12 respondents will be numbered, the winner will be chosen by a throw of the dice. No charge for the handle or postage, totally free.

View attachment 1463279
I guess that leaves number 1 out; hard to throw 1 with 2 dice. If you're using a 12 sided die, ignore my comment.
Nice PIF, not in.

Olive wood is a nice wood for handles. Very generous of you to pif the handle! Respectfully, not in. What size is the hole drilled to?

I'm in. I think it can be repaired when setting a new knot. Nice idea for a PIF.

Usually on a PIF, it's only the person that wins that sends a PM with their name & address. I'd prefer to do it that way, if you don't mind.

Last edited:
I clearly overestimated the interest in this handle. I'll close entries at 1800 PDT and use a random number generator to select the winner.

Winner!
And I recently got some knots so this won't be just a handle for long. Thanks to Doc1911 and B&B. Guess I should stop getting in on PIFs and do a couple soon.
Gotta keep karma running correctly!

I got the brush handle in the mail today. Thanks, Doc!

I went through my Knots I had on hand and found one that fit perfectly (26mm Badger). I put a piece of Scotch tape on the inside of the drilled hole to cover the tiny knot hole that popped out. Being Olive wood these things happen. Then dropped a few coins in the hole to get the loft where I want and epoxied the knot in. I will give it a test run tomorrow.

IMG_20220604_151641123.jpg
IMG_20220604_151714303.jpg
IMG_20220604_151653357.jpg

The Hole!

Beautiful handle Doc. Keep making them!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I got the brush handle in the mail today. Thanks, Doc!

I went through my Knots I had on hand and found one that fit perfectly (26mm Badger). I put a piece of Scotch tape on the inside of the drilled hole to cover the tiny knot hole that popped out. Being Olive wood these things happen. Then dropped a few coins in the hole to get the loft where I want and epoxied the knot in. I will give it a test run tomorrow.

View attachment 1467082View attachment 1467083View attachment 1467084
The Hole!

Beautiful handle Doc. Keep making them!
That really did turn out wunnerful my friend! Thanks for doing this PIF, @Doc1911 ! Very good of you.

That sure looks like a comfortable handle. Nice job setting the knot, will look forward to reading how it performs. Congrats on winning the pif!

The knot is not what I would call the top of the line, but it's got just enough backbone and no scritch. Splays out right nicely and holds up well when making lather in a bowl or face. The handle is a beauty. I did put a few more coats of CA on it before setting the knot to give it a little more luster.

The first shave with it was just fine. Nothing to complain about. I always like to add a few coins to add a little weight. 80 cents went into this one to get it at the loft. A fine brush to add to my rotation.
Thanks for the props and thanks to Doc for allowing me to be the winner.

Top Bottom