What's new

Who isnt going back to their barber shop when all this is over?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Was looking for bad haircut memes and found this
FD483D13-6F06-4761-848B-E33FEAA1C0C1.jpeg

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I go to a small town barber shop owned by the third generation barber/owner on Main Street in a western NC town near where I work. It's the oldest barber shop in the state and among the oldest family owned businesses in the state. I will 100% definitely be going back when this is all over as it's among my favorite things to do and favorite businesses to support.

As long as my wife is around to even up the back side with the clippers, I can 'self groom' sufficiently.... I do miss my barber - hell of a nice guy and does a great job of keeping me up on the local news.....

As my Barber is only working a few days a week (prior to all this crap) and only takes appointments, it has been harder and harder to get in when I need to so he offered about 6months ago for me to have my wife come in and he would show her how to cut my hair.
It was a very generous offer seeing as I have been getting him to cut it for 43 years now.
We had done 3 visits before the madness and today was D day for my wife.
She did a pretty good job for her first time I must say. No, not as good as my Barber but nobody but him has cut my hair since I was 12. I like it a certain way.
Certainly acceptable and will only get better.
So long as I don't **** her off before hand we should be good!

I will very likely go back. I have a mess of cowlicks and other garbage patterns in my hair. Work in an office and I’m not ready to go with the kind of cut I can maintain at home.

The question for me is if I go back right away, or take more time to grow it out long enough to donate.

Won’t know till I see where it’s at when this is done.

I will very likely go back. I have a mess of cowlicks and other garbage patterns in my hair. Work in an office and I’m not ready to go with the kind of cut I can maintain at home.

The question for me is if I go back right away, or take more time to grow it out long enough to donate.

Won’t know till I see where it’s at when this is done.

Yep, I have a lot less hair than I used to so its much easier to look after at this point.
Without any training my wife would NOT be cutting my hair.
I used to work at a place where it seemed everyone cut their own hair.... and it looked like it.
There is a big difference in a quality hair cut that many simply do not see.

It depends on the haircut you prefer. If you cut your hair short, I see no reason to visit a barber. You only have to figure out how to use a hair trimmer and cut your own hair. It's not that difficult. Once you figure out how to do this, you save money.

Bought some clippers and figured, hey, what's the worst thing that can happen? If I screw it up I can always take more off. I can either shave it all off, or I own hats, so let's go! It didn't end up too catastrophically, so I may go with that from now on.

I won’t be returning for a long time if at all. I’m a rocker, and always preferred having long hair. Only reason I cut it was for my day job. When I do gigs in tribute bands, I wear a wig. It looks cool, but I feel like a fraud. No more. I am going to stop denying who I am. My hair will be long, I tells you! Robert Plant long! And any business that discriminates against me because of my hair will be hearing from my attorney. I am unanimous in this! My hair will have it’s own gravitational pull and weather system! You will not deny its power!

Well...that certainly went off the rails quickly.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My wife has cut my hair for over 30 years. I went to a barber once several years ago. Not that great of an experience, not what I remembered from my youth! He started trimming my eyebrows without asking me, pissed me off because I don't have very thick brows, I actually wish they were bushier! I'm glad I stopped him before he attacked my H-bar 'stache!!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I am going to stop denying who I am. My hair will be long, I tells you! Robert Plant long!

Go for it! Mine is already longer, I think. Roughly halfway between collar bone and nipple. I do get the ends trimmed once or twice a year, but that's it.

oh god i'm here with a pair of clippers and my long hippie hair debating if I should attempt my own haircut

Nooooooo!

I was in a supercenter the other day looking for wipes and hand sanitizer. A couple rows over is where haircutting items are displayed. The section was almost empty. Obviously people are cutting their own hair now.

Haven't been to a barber for about 20 years...
Like all my known male ancestors i started balding around the age of 20 and have already worn out two (cheap) clippers over the last decades.

It's not so much about the cost of visiting a barber but about convenience like not needing an appointment.

I bought two cuts’ worth of gift cards for my barbershop before Virginia issued its stay-at-home orders. The shop started selling them right before the lockdown - I think they saw what was coming.
I also think it’s easier to cut one’s hair when everyone’s stuck at home. I’m going to cut my own hair probably today. But I know once I start going back to the office, etc., I’ll probably prefer the convenience (and social pleasure) of going to the neighborhood shop.

Top Bottom