What's new

Who is ready for trout?

Thanks Andrew. He's from up in the corner, out of Carter County not too far from the NC line. They don't get very big in the little first-order streams they've been pushed into by 'bows and browns. My friend and I have a generic term for brookie water, 'Spitacross Creek'. Have fun out there in Oregon. If it won't make you too homesick check out a new online magazine that I'm writing for http://www.southerntrout.com/. It's free and just starting up. How did you like the lake fishing in England? Did you use a 'team' of flies? It's my understanding that they fish a lot of multi-fly rigs on still water over there.

I'll definitely check out southerntrout.com. Thanks! I get back home a couple times a year, so I may do some fishing when I visit my parents; maybe this fall.

The only lakes I fished were stocked reservoir lakes. It was always a great day out in a little boat, though. I did fish a line with a dropper at the behest of my Scottish friend. It works. I caught one of the fish above on one fly and the other fish on the next cast with the other fly. Then they stopped biting. We caught all four fish in a matter of minutes right around sunset.

-Andy

A few recent ties.

Ace of Spades

proxy.php

Deer Hair Emergers

proxy.php

Olive UV resin Midge Pupa

proxy.php

Top Bottom