What's new

Who had a good shave today?

I had a pack of shark blades lying around. These blades didn't get on with any of my vintage razors as they felt very rough.

I put one in my Muhle razor and it was fantastic! Nice and sharp, smooth and no nicks, weepers or irritation! I also had a very fast shave, it was really enjoyable. After 14 hours later, my face is still very smooth!

"AYE"...

Did my:
Hot wet towl prep

Used:
Castle Forbes Cedar and Sandelwood
ONE drop of Vetiver essential oil, for that so delicious bathroom and brush "sniff"
26mm, A grade Silveretip in one of Glenn's handles
Mühle R 106
Brand new Feather blade

Ended with:
A splash of my old and faithful KOUROS...

Let the day... BEGIN!!!!!

Have a nice one everybody!

I had yesterday. I didn't shave today. My wife likes when I have a little sandpaper on my face, so I don't shave in the weekends. It makes me really look forward to monday's shave when I have whiskers from friday morning to cut. That is usually a very great start on the week. But I am itching to go in to the bath and get one right now. It was easier to stop smoking than to skip a shave.:biggrin1:

I had one of the best shaves I have had in months this morning. Used a Lord Super Chrome blade in my EJ DE87. Smooth, close (BBS) and irritation-free. I was not trying for a shave this close. It just happened.

That was only the second shave with this combination, but it was a good one.

I guess I'm going to have to stop posting in this thread, as I always have a good shave every day.

Aye again today.

I've been doing a test of a Treet SE carbon blade in my GEM lightweight. It's been in there for 3 weeks and for 3 shaves so far. I've read where they rust and the edge suffers, hence my test. Today was #3 in the 3rd week, and it was a DFS. 2 passes WTG with a little extra attention to the chin. Next weekend will be shave #4 and the 4th week.

Today, from the sampler, GFT Lime cream, finished with GFT lime skin food.

Aye again today.

I've been doing a test of a Treet SE carbon blade in my GEM lightweight. It's been in there for 3 weeks and for 3 shaves so far. I've read where they rust and the edge suffers, hence my test. Today was #3 in the 3rd week, and it was a DFS. 2 passes WTG with a little extra attention to the chin. Next weekend will be shave #4 and the 4th week.

Today, from the sampler, GFT Lime cream, finished with GFT lime skin food.

IME the Carbon Steel blades will hold an edge better than the SS, I dry the blade after the shave, 1 squirt of Alcohol on each side and I have no problems with it rusting.

Fantastic shave today.

Generic DE razor
Feather blade
TOBS lemon lime cream
Ogallala bay rum with sandalwood aftershave

BBS without any need for balm afterwards, great way to start a Sunday

"I".
4th DE shave.
QCS Vostok Lite, EJ DE89L w/ Astra SP blade.

3 passes, even a bit of ATG on cheeks, jawline and neck. DFS and very minimal irritation.

The first time using this combination, and it was potentially the best shave possible. At least for me.

Merkur Futur (set on 2) (3 passes)
Mama Bear lemon soap (1st time using)
New Feather blade
Alum
Zirh Refresh (toner)
Nancy Boy aftershave
Nancy Boy daily moisturizer

I will have a hard time topping this in terms of closeness & comfort.

Regards,
Steve

Me! GEM open comb Micromatic OCMM....W/ GEM SS blade on 4th shave, used my VDH/KMF lavender cream + Glycerine, face lathered that with my SR 3824 super badger in the shower after massaging some Pacific shave oil in first. 2 passes, WTG/ATG, BBS. Washed face with moisturizing soap, applied Thayer WH w/ aloe!!

BBS! :thumbup1:

Outstanding:

REN pre-shave
Futur (on 3.5)
Feather (6th DAY!!!)
Acqua di Parma shaving cream
3 passes, minor touch up with Gillette Aluminium tech
REN after shave balm
Acqua di Parma balm (5 mins later)

4th wetshave ever and finally got great results. Feather blades are tops. And though I thought GFT's coconut shave cream was giving my face a problem, it turned out to be the boar brush. I have a 100% badger coming...

-Adam

I.....

did. I used the Gillette Sensor3 system razor with the Geo F Trumper's coconut soap, followed by Gillette Aftershave Balm.

Great shave with Gem jr fat handle,TGN re knot on everready 100 handle,Gem blade,Mama Bear Roses Soap and Lucido AS....Pinaud Bay rum as EDT and good to go.

Top Bottom