What's new

Which Wolfman WR1 blade gap

I'm no expert on the WR-2, but I can tell you for sure that you don't want to match blade gaps.

If you are looking for the WR-1 gap that has comparable efficiency, my guess would be 0.84, but it might even be smaller.

Others with more experience with both models will be able to help you better, I think.

I have the WR2 1.25 and the WR1 .74, both versions are SB and stainless. I can get a comparable shave - efficiencywise - with either. The wr1 wins the blade feel, nimbleness award and the 1.25 wears the laurels for smoothness.

I have owned wr2 1.25 and this year I discovered that wr1 is actually the head that I prefer by far. I own a .94
I guess an efficiency equivalent for 1.25would be a .74 or .80 ,but of course it is very subjective .

I have a 0.86 OC WR1 and recently acquired 1.25 SB WR2. They are similar in efficiency after three passes, they are in a similar league for me. The 0.86 WR1 has more blade feel than the WR2.

With the WR1, I've tried a couple SBs and a couple OCs, the OCs have always felt marginally smoother and I'll stick to OCs for WR1s.

The WR1 SB 0.74 is my ‘destination razor.’ :thumbup1::thumbup1:

I cannot comment on the comparable WR2 gap as that is just not my cup of tea.
Can you compare the .74 WR1 to any other razors that maybe similar in performance. For example the Blackbird. I’m curious about the WR1 but not familiar with its characteristics. My go to razors are the Blackbird, Yates H, Windsor SSRH, Lupo 95, and just recently R41. Not sure if these would be somewhat similar to the .74 WR1.

So does not Wolfman have anyone doing Customer Service who would have access to the info. If not that is said, asking their EXPERT is IMHO better then trying to dig for answers.

Can you compare the .74 WR1 to any other razors that maybe similar in performance. For example the Blackbird. I’m curious about the WR1 but not familiar with its characteristics. My go to razors are the Blackbird, Yates H, Windsor SSRH, Lupo 95, and just recently R41. Not sure if these would be somewhat similar to the .74 WR1.
it is somewhat astounding how little info is available on the Maker's website.
not even the choices for gaps, for each head, are listed. :-/

I also really like the Blackbird, Yates H, and Lupo 95.
I do own a WR2 1.15 SB.
For me, this razor is about the top limit for me regarding "aggression".
I get really great shaves with it, but it's the one razor in my collection that I really have to be precise and careful with.
It will bite, and it will result in weepers, if you don't keep the ideal angle/pressure.

Members here often equate the WR1 .74 to the WR2 1.15.

I also have been considering a Wolfman order for a WR1 in OC.
Always waffle between choosing the .74 or the .68....

But to answer your question: given your other preferences in razors the WR1 .74 is definitely the correct wheel-house,
along with one step smaller and one step larger gap.

it is somewhat astounding how little info is available on the Maker's website.
not even the choices for gaps, for each head, are listed. :-/

I also really like the Blackbird, Yates H, and Lupo 95.
I do own a WR2 1.15 SB.
For me, this razor is about the top limit for me regarding "aggression".
I get really great shaves with it, but it's the one razor in my collection that I really have to be precise and careful with.
It will bite, and it will result in weepers, if you don't keep the ideal angle/pressure.

Members here often equate the WR1 .74 to the WR2 1.15.

I also have been considering a Wolfman order for a WR1 in OC.
Always waffle between choosing the .74 or the .68....

But to answer your question: given your other preferences in razors the WR1 .74 is definitely the correct wheel-house,
along with one step smaller and one step larger gap.
Thank you for the feedback. I’m a daily shaver so the Bird and Yates H are about as efficient as I need for my beard. I definitely don’t need more. The .68 or .74 WR1 sound like the way to go.

So does not Wolfman have anyone doing Customer Service who would have access to the info. If not that is said, asking their EXPERT is IMHO better then trying to dig for answers.
Not meant in any disrespectful way but I take it English isn't your first language by reading a high percentage of your posts?

On to Wolfman Customer Service, these forums are the closest thing to to any kind of CS Rep for James's company and the best place to find Wolman info is actually in this thread... Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions. - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/wolfman-on-the-waiting-list-questions.598679/

All you have to do is ask a question and there will be 3-7 very knowledgeable individuals along in no time to give you the answers you seek...

Not meant in any disrespectful way but I take it English isn't your first language by reading a high percentage of your posts?

On to Wolfman Customer Service, these forums are the closest thing to to any kind of CS Rep for James's company and the best place to find Wolman info is actually in this thread... Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions. - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/wolfman-on-the-waiting-list-questions.598679/

All you have to do is ask a question and there will be 3-7 very knowledgeable individuals along in no time to give you the answers you seek...

Well I still think the company Wolfman should have better customer support to answer these type of questions asked in post #1.

Why because who should know product best, the people who build & sell it.

Wolfman is Rolls Royce if Razors, I would think they would be better producing a web site with better information to guide Potential customers through the looking, thinking about, and ordering process.

Maybe the I am wrong in my thinking. But you can have great product that become marginal if your market & product support is marginal.

BTW don’t worry about small stuff like my perfect english, or punctuation. I will not need it in retirement.

Last edited:
Well I still think the company Wolfman should have better customer support to answer these type of questions asked in post #1.

Why because who should know product best, the people who build & sell it.

Wolfman is Rolls Royce if Razors, I would think they would be better producing a web site with better information to guide Potential customers through the looking, thinking about, and ordering process.

Maybe the I am wrong in my thinking. But you can have great product that become marginal if your market & product support is marginal.

BTW don’t worry about small stuff like my perfect english, or punctuation. I will not need it in retirement.
Not sure how much better a company can be when they have a waiting list that is so long that from time to time is from 3mos to over a year to get an actual razor so I'm guessing the website is just fine to James and it's not even a priority at this time or even in the future!!

I would probably suggest that if you have they're email maybe shoot them a note sometime and ask some questions to see if you get a response from James or Tara...

Not sure how much better a company can be when they have a waiting list that is so long that from time to time is from 3mos to over a year to get an actual razor so I'm guessing the website is just fine to James and it's not even a priority at this time or even in the future!!

I would probably suggest that if you have they're email maybe shoot them a note sometime and ask some questions to see if you get a response from James or Tara...

Well I get business is great, and if they are making money, maybe they need invest in a better web-site, with more information to help customer with preorder decisions.

Then they could be busy living hand to mouth, with not too much extras cash to spare for project I suggested. Not sure how profitable building Razor could be as machines, and machine tool are super pricy. So the business like many small business could be what just paying g bill, and providing basic needs.

Well I get business is great, and if they are making money, maybe they need invest in a better web-site, with more information to help customer with preorder decisions.

Then they could be busy living hand to mouth, with not too much extras cash to spare for project I suggested. Not sure how profitable building Razor could be as machines, and machine tool are super pricy. So the business like many small business could be what just paying g bill, and providing basic needs.
Man you just don't get it... If James wanted or thought a website upgrade or design was in need it would be done but the current one has served him exceptionally well now for the past couple years so I'm guessing, again, its just not a priority for him!!

Business is great for James and it continues to get better each year it seems and I'm sure that is because of the tight knit network he has built in the past that continue daily to offer the best feedback for any Mfg'r and that in and of itself is priceless. That alone is better than any website design could ever be because I'm sure if he did invest in designing a website like "YOU" desire, you'd still find something wrong with it and continue to drag on about it!!

Now let's get this thread back on topic and leave all the web design for another thread, please!!

Wish I could help, but I do not own any of those other options.

Once I started with the WR1, I realized that that was it for me!! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom