What's new

Which soaps burn or irritate your face?

Lit me up:
Wholly kaw cuero oscuro soap (dang shame because it shaves great)
Rr xxx soap
Rr blue fougere soap
Lea shave cream
Lea aftershave
Rr eo of lime aftershave
Rr what the puck blue

Inconclusive:
Bm Seville soap
Stirling Christmas eve
Tabac

TOBS rose was fine at first but as I got nearer to the end of the tub for whatever reason it started sometimes caused a subtle, but unpleasant tingling. Not sure why.

And another vote for cinnamon in soaps...Stirling Hot Apple Cider sure smells great, but it's hot!

My first Stirling (Barbershop) burned during my shave. It wasn't a tingle, it was a legit burn but thankfully didn't leave any redness afterwards. It was the smoothest shave I've ever had though dang it! I honestly hate the aroma also but would be ok with it if it didn't burn. I would love Proraso Red if it had the same slick/smoothness as the Stirling but it just doesn't even compare in that regard. Arko is close to the same smoothness as Stirling and I don't mind the smell and actually appreciate the lemony freshness of it. If anyone has any recommendations I'm listening!

Stuff that hasn't burned me, I'm a noob after all:
Arko Shave Stick
Proraso Red Soap
Cremo Sandalwood

Yeah load up on some samples. Stirling has lots of other scents and as mentioned Maggards has tons of samples available. What kind of scents do you like?

I avoid any product that contains almond oil or almond/marzipan scent. They give me a slight irritation. For example, Cella performs great, but I can live without it.

Maggard's London Barber Shop. This soap was so strong that it couldn't be used as a shower soap. It irritated my scalp also. The Maggard's London Barber Shop is currently being used as a deodorant in a musty basement. The soap works well for this. A $18.00 air freshener.

Wilkinson shave stick. I wasn't sure it was the stick, so I discontinued and tried it again after a few weeks. Also Classic Shaving Rose. Burned me up. And I've used other rose soaps and creams without incident.

So far, Arko, it makes my skin completely dry/tight/stretched and very unpleasant experience. It was so bad that I even got worried as after some thirty minutes tingling/stretching was still there.
There are few others that were slightly drying my skin but I wouldn't call that burn/irritation, just incompatible soap for me.

So far, Arko, it makes my skin completely dry/tight/stretched and very unpleasant experience. It was so bad that I even got worried as after some thirty minutes tingling/stretching was still there.
There are few others that were slightly drying my skin but I wouldn't call that burn/irritation, just incompatible soap for me.
Valobra hard pucks do this to me.

Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars in the tallow base. What a shame because I liked everything else about this soap. The soap and the AS lit me up.

I have noticed that A&E Spartacus will start to irritate on the second pass. Too bad as I like the scent but then there is DG's Sellout which I need to try since I have not experienced the Icarus base.

I guess I am lucky as I haven't found anything that irritates my skin. I have tried over 150 soaps and creams with no problems. Now razors and blades on the other hand...

Top Bottom