What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

For some reason I have not been able to get more than 4-5 shaves with Mach3
I don't know if It can help you but after every shave i rinse the blade then I put the cart into a glass with some mineral oil and alcohol. After a few hours I pass the cart on my razorpit then I rinse it again and leave it drying with air. I've been able to prolong the carts life a lot (usually 15-16 shaves with my extremely heavy beard)

I don't know if It can help you but after every shave i rinse the blade then I put the cart into a glass with some mineral oil and alcohol. After a few hours I pass the cart on my razorpit then I rinse it again and leave it drying with air. I've been able to prolong the carts life a lot (usually 15-16 shaves with my extremely heavy beard)
I rinse every cartridge I use in alcohol after I strop on my palm and arm, however schick xtreme3 Quattro and careone trac ii carts I can get over 20 shaves, maybe it’s a gillette thing.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
AC545CCD-F7BA-49DF-9554-95F16DDAE072.jpeg
Schick Extreme 3 Pivot Ball (23).

Schick Super II, Teflon-coated (9)

Almost to double-digit numbers and the cartridge is still delivering good shaves. I'm back on a Trac II-compatible handle--one of those heavy gold-toned metal ones that were included in who-knows-how-many men's grooming kits. I've worn through the gold on mine, but it still shaves and I like the heft.

Found a NOS Schick Super II handle online and I'm going add it to my collection. I don't think the cart will shave any better in the handle it was intended for, but it will be nice to shave with a matched set.

almost one month of shaving with an xtreme3 is impressive. I've never been able to get a good shave with those disposable - just dFS with WTG/ATG and touch ups - but whatever.

Top Bottom