What's new

Which cartridge razor/disposable razor did you use today and how many shaves?

NOS Schick Super II Twin cartridge loaded onto a Bump Fighter Trac II-compatible handle

Schick was never going to unseat Gillette for the twin-blade razor throne. Gillette never had to say their cartridges fit the Schick II razor as Schick said about fitting the Atra and Trac II.

View attachment 1189064

But as far as quality of shaves, Schick was tops. Note the lack of the "dreaded" lube strip. For this cart, Schick added Teflon to their already excellent chromium edged blades. Just a super shaver.
Yeah, those were some amazing cartridges. I was and am definitely a fan of the "no lube strip" approach.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
CE2BFD5F-9068-4282-AB6C-86A63DCF690A.jpeg
Schick Extreme 3 Pivot Ball (10).

Bump Fighter handle/Schick Super II cartridge (2)

Another great one-pass-with-touchup shave this morning. I will do a couple more shaves with a Trac II-compatible handle before switching over to the Atra to see how the Schick rides there.

Trac ii Parker hd handle careone cartridge on shave 5, pacific caffeinated shave cream hand lathered, very little residual slickness however no irritation cuts nicks or weepers.

Trac ii careone cartridge with a Parker hd handle gillette pure shave cream, hand lathered very nice shave, much better than pacific shave cream imo.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
How do you like the pivot ball on this razor?
It is okay. There is a little play from side to side because of the pivot ball system. I am still only doing 2 pass shaves WTG and ATG. It is giving me really good shaves as all Schick carts do. Have you tried one yet?

It is okay. There is a little play from side to side because of the pivot ball system. I am still only doing 2 pass shaves WTG and ATG. It is giving me really good shaves as all Schick carts do. Have you tried one yet?
I have used xtreme 3, Quattro and st2 l like schick over gillette but haven’t used the pivot yet, thank you sir.

mach 3 (with custom handle) 4th bbs shave. best cart for me

I probably would have never graduated to three blades if my wife hadn't bought me a custom Mach 3 handle. And I like the Mach 3 just fine. Got over 20 shaves with the cart that came with it. I have a few more carts in my stockpile. Not sure what generation of cartridge they are. Nothing too new, that's for sure.

Top Bottom