What's new

Which blade did you toss today? After how many uses?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
BD65733A-4A06-4205-96F6-CA6ECFFEDE91.jpeg
Derby Extra (7).

BigT was very kind to send me a Gillette Nacet for me to try, as I never have used one. Shaved this past Saturday with said blade, and I put like a review of my shave on the razor side of this forum. Blade felt very sharp, but felt grabby, and I had to take very short strokes. It also was very audible, and I had noted that it was a very thin blade. My razor does not like thin blades, as it does not support them enough. Blade exposure for the Nacet in my razor is a little shorter compared to my German Wilkies. So, a lot of stubble left behind, even on 2 passes. On Sunday evening I gave this blade another try. I did one pass, and pulled the blade. I loaded my Parker 91R with a Wilkinson Sword from Germany, which is my daily driver blade, and razor, to finish with a second pass. It was like night and day difference between the blades. The Wilkinson finished clean, with no stubble or irritation. No grabby blade, and a DFS+ finish. German Wilkies have a good blade exposure in my 91R, and the blade is a solid performer for me, with out being very audible, which tells me the blade is not making solid contact on my face. I have used Parker Platinum blades, which are also audible, but perform quite well for me. So, Gillette Nacet is not a blade for me. Appreciate BigT for the blade to try, just not for me.

BigT was very kind to send me a Gillette Nacet for me to try, as I never have used one. Shaved this past Saturday with said blade, and I put like a review of my shave on the razor side of this forum. Blade felt very sharp, but felt grabby, and I had to take very short strokes. It also was very audible, and I had noted that it was a very thin blade. My razor does not like thin blades, as it does not support them enough. Blade exposure for the Nacet in my razor is a little shorter compared to my German Wilkies. So, a lot of stubble left behind, even on 2 passes. On Sunday evening I gave this blade another try. I did one pass, and pulled the blade. I loaded my Parker 91R with a Wilkinson Sword from Germany, which is my daily driver blade, and razor, to finish with a second pass. It was like night and day difference between the blades. The Wilkinson finished clean, with no stubble or irritation. No grabby blade, and a DFS+ finish. German Wilkies have a good blade exposure in my 91R, and the blade is a solid performer for me, with out being very audible, which tells me the blade is not making solid contact on my face. I have used Parker Platinum blades, which are also audible, but perform quite well for me. So, Gillette Nacet is not a blade for me. Appreciate BigT for the blade to try, just not for me.

Glad you tried it. Blades are definitely a YMMV thing.

Top Bottom