• Hey Guest. We are currently doing lots and lots of work on the forum software. Please be patient while the kinks are worked out.

Thanks!

Which blade did you toss today? After how many uses?

This thread is similar to the "which blade did you use today?" thread. I'm interested in seeing average blade life. No worries if you are a "throw away after 2 days no matter what" person.. :)

We'll see if this catches on..

Super Platinum (4)

Shark SC (3) shaves. Only threw it out so I could compare it to a Shark Super Stainless...Super Chrome is better for me, but not by much.

GSB in the EJ gold barley, 3 scrapes.
I toss all blades at 3, maybe the odd one at 4 if I'm liking it.

Tried to extend a Rapira Platinum Lux to 4 shaves. Not bad. Good quality shave but a bit of mild tugging here and there. I can say how some could say that many/most blades could last for a week in good conditions. But I like that fresh blade/full sharpness feel and I see no reason to tolerate substandard shaves. I'm trying to stick to 3 and done so at least I get to check on my technique. But after a few more months of this, I might even start tossing blades at 2 simply because some blades feel better on the second rather than the first shave.

Shark Super Chrome (5), This was the first Shark SC that I have tried, very happy with them so far.

A Shark Super Chrome in the Parker SR1 shavette and a Bic Yellow in the Parker 99r TTO. 4 shaves on both.
Ditto on the Shark. 4 days. It never cut me but it really has a hard time removing my whiskers. Replaced with a 7 o'clock black: huge improvement!!

Voskhod (1). This is the reason we get blade samplers! I was sure I was going to love these, but I got horrible irritation!

Lord Platinum, 4 days, still shaving close but always get a little minor heat on face after 4th shave, so out it goes.

Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Shanghai), 2 shaves. Second times I've used one of these blades. Just can't get a smooth, comfortable shave out of them.