What's new

Where's the SLOC?

The new Yaqi Flipside Head (OC/CC) with the SLOC/Mellon top cap is rapidly becoming my destination razor using the milder OC for ATG

I have the sloc. The one thing I notice is that blades don't seem to last as long as my fatip. I can use the same blade on my fatip a dozen times with out tugging. It seems the first shave with the sloc is great, no tugging. But either the small teeth get clogged, or the angle makes the blades wear out with the sloc. Still nice to use just curious if this might be happening to you or others. I just change the blade and all is good. But it might be the angle the blade is held with the razor, or the small teeth trap the hair.

Today I put a Nacet in my SLOC (clone?). I had a 3 day beard. I used my EJ89LBL handle, which is heavier than the one I had on the SLOC head previously. Man, it tore me up, irritation, bloody nicks, not good. Halfway through, just to be sure it wasn't the blade, I used my EJ89. Smooth as silk. Great shave. So far, had a couple of nice shaves and a couple fo bad ones with this razor.

I love the SLOC! That said, I find myself thinking something a tad more aggressive might be nice sometimes. I have been looking at the Razorock Gamechanger line, but wonder where the SLOC aggression level would be in regards to those razors.

Where would you put the SLOC in aggressiveness compared to the razorock Gamechangers?
I face and head shave. Last nights shave GC.068OC was a smooth, efficient and comfortable BBS. Four days earlier my Yaqi Mellon shave was a smooth, efficient and comfortable BBS. Both razors delivery great shaves. They are relatively new to me. I like both razors with the biggest difference being the price difference. The Yaqi does collect and hold the most whiskers and sludge in the head. I break down and completely clean and reassemble a razor after each use. If this is not your practice I Would suggest it with the Yaqi.

Top Bottom