What's new

Where To Find Shaving Stuff

I find, that although a newbie, I NEED more stuff i.e. razors, soaps/creams, etc. SWMBO doesn't agree but we'll work that out.

There are no dedicated stores in the New Orleans area that I'm aware of so where do you look to find good stuff other than online?? I've all ready exhausted all the stores in Slidell, LA (didn't take long, small town) but am ready to go searching. Just need some advice on where to go.

Thanks and enjoy

Thanks for the info. Sure looks like they're really proud of their stuff. Might be nice to visit but...

here is a place in NOLA you might like...

http://www.aidangillformen.com/

Although not in NOLA, went to the websiet and watched the video on shaving. Biggest problem with it I had was that 1) they used what looked like a twin or triple bladed razor and 2) went to say that you must apply pressure in order to get the proper angle for a good shave.
They aren't up to DE shaving standards yet.

But they did finish it with a pint of Guiness. So that part is ok.

I'd add the Body Shop and Art of Shaving stores. Beyond that, and those mentioned, off the top of my head, it's really kind of a crap shoot of what your local drugstores/groceries/Walmarts/Targets etc carry, primarily in terms of good national brands (e.g., see Joel's post on the homepage on aftershaves). The good news is how many great e-tailers we have supporting our habit...

Aiden Gill has a fine selection of products, but are not very knowledgable on their distinctions, and you are definitely paying a premium over some of the online sources and stand alone stores in other cities.

Don't let them shave you, and don't go asking for advice. That said, if you want to have the goods in your hands to go the Magazine location in particular is a good venue.

Great selection of cufflinks in addition to the goo.

Top Bottom