What's new

Where to buy in Washington, DC area

I live in Baltimore, but shoot down DC often. I havent found anything other than what is listed here. But what about Baltimore? I have been to Quintessential Gentleman. Its a nice barber shop, but the goods are a little pricey.

Great thread! I have been to Rodman's before for groceries - always a good time. Nice to see that sometimes Pulp has wet shaving products - and I believe I have seen the Anthony men's grooming line at Home Rule next door. I live in the nearby 16th/U area.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a shave at Kennedy's All American Barber Club in Rockville? Thank you, kindly.

Great thread! I have been to Rodman's before for groceries - always a good time. Nice to see that sometimes Pulp has wet shaving products - and I believe I have seen the Anthony men's grooming line at Home Rule next door. I live in the nearby 16th/U area.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a shave at Kennedy's All American Barber Club in Rockville? Thank you, kindly.

Have not gotten a shave at Kennedy's. Great to know about it though.

Rodman's is great for grocercies, wine, beer, small appliances, vitamins, kitchen gadgets, and a bunch of other stuff. A unique store and lots of fun. They are cutting back on their slightly upper end shaving stuff though. It is a shame. So me decent deals on clearence items right now, though.

I live in Baltimore, but shoot down DC often. I havent found anything other than what is listed here. But what about Baltimore? I have been to Quintessential Gentleman. Its a nice barber shop, but the goods are a little pricey.

Quintessential Gentleman looks great baased on its web site. Whether pricey or not at least they have some very interesting goods.

Taj Perfume on Liberty Street pretty much downtown has the best deals on scent decanting vials and some atomizers that I have ever come across. Selection could be better, but what they do have is excellent quality for very fair prices particularyly if you buy lots!

Hello Gents,

The Crabtree and Evelyn in Tyson's Corner is going out business. Everything is 50% off including the shaving products (brushes, handles, etc) that are made by Edwin Jagger! This afternoon, I bought the C&E brush in super for $47.50! The pure brushes are $32.50 and the best is $17.50!!! They seem to have plenty in stock. AND while I'm not personally a fan of their soaps and creams they are on sale as well. Happy hunting!!!

-Reed

Last edited:
Dang it's a shame C&E is going out of business in TC mall. i bought my pure badger brush from the store in Pentagon, which ain't around anymore either.

I went to the Italian Store (3123 Lee Hwy, Arlington, VA 22201) to see if they had any Proraso in stock since it looked like after reading on here that this was the only place in the DC area to carry it. The good news is that they do carry it but all that they had left today were the tubes of cream while I was hoping to get some soap and aftershave too. It had been apparent that the store had pretty much been sold out except for the cream. I talked to the manager and he stated that they get shipments in about every six weeks or so. As an aside, the price of a tube of Proraso cream was $12.99 and they had quite a few of those remaining.

R

rickdotfelt

I stipped by Rodmans today and picked up some Clubman Bay Rum. They had plenty of Clubman and a few Lucky Tiger items, and the glass case had some good lookin brushes. I'm excited to try the Quintessential Gentleman in Baltimore though.

Great post!! Pickings are pretty slim overall, it seems.

WF on Wisconsin & Albemarle has a good selection of KMF products and some Thayer's.

Ahhh, Rodman's. I've shopped there for 30+ years. There are some funny stories. The shaving supplies selection is interesting but small & eccentric. To me, the food section is the most fun. Along with a huge number of ethnic items, they have the best seasonal produce you can buy in DC other than in a farmer's market.

And the Rodman's also has wooden shave bowls and Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood shave soap.

I went to the Italian Store (3123 Lee Hwy, Arlington, VA 22201) to see if they had any Proraso in stock since it looked like after reading on here that this was the only place in the DC area to carry it. The good news is that they do carry it but all that they had left today were the tubes of cream while I was hoping to get some soap and aftershave too. It had been apparent that the store had pretty much been sold out except for the cream. I talked to the manager and he stated that they get shipments in about every six weeks or so. As an aside, the price of a tube of Proraso cream was $12.99 and they had quite a few of those remaining.

You can Proraso cream at any The Body Shop (in any mall).

Thought I would update that Rodman's (the one on Wisconsin Ave, not either of the other two) seems to be bringing its shaving stuff back up a bit after letting itself get down to mostly some Pinaud and C&E stuff, with no brushes at all.

As I recall from when I was there a few days ago, they have a couple of different boar brushes now, and a synthetic. They also seem to have more shaving creams and soaps. Maybe one brand of blades, I do not really remember. For scents they have some things of interest, but their Creed selection is way down.

Not what it used to be, but coming back up from the worst it was.

The Italian Store seems better, too. They had a nice silver handled boar brush for a good price. I think Prosaro.

DC does not seem to be a good town for shaving stuff. I suppose Santa Maria Novella has come on the scene in Bethesda with its shaving cream.

A few finds in Old Town Alexandria, just south of DC:

Patrick's in Old Town keeps Santa Maria Novella and EJ soaps, creams, some brushes and DE's. Some other tidbits too, like alum blocks and stuff.

There is Scottish Store on lower King Street, also in Old Town, keeps MWF soaps, including shave soap.

The Gentleman's Quarters http://www.thegentlemensquarters.com/ keeps TOBS soaps, creams, balms, and preshave. They also give a great haircut if you've got the coin. I take my Dad there when he's in town as a treat. It's open bar, old school wood panels, high class man space. Those haircuts always seem to last longer. Watch for deals. They have shaves on the price list. I think it's an M3, but it's not clear. There are a few straight photos on the page.

The deal is south of Old Town, on Ft. Hunt, near Mt. Vernon. There is a great neighborhood hardware store (full machine shop in the basement) and a barber that does cuts with straight shave clean-up on neck, ears, and side burns for $15. That's stupid cheap for this area. From the look, these old fella's have been at it for some time. The music and decor are well worn classic 50's-60's small town barbershop.

edit: Nearly forgot. The Variety Store, next to the hardware store on Ft. Hunt, has Omega boar brushes for $13, and Omega soaps. Maybe another low cost soap, but I forget.

Last edited:
Top Bottom