What's new

Where to buy in Washington, DC area

Patrick's on St. Asaph carries Edwin Jagger creams/soaps/brushes and a lot of Jack Black product...

Thanks. That is great to know.

I should have added that Aditi in Vienna, Va, for the Indian version of the German Fa shaving cream, and lots of Indian bath soaps (e.g., Mysore), tooth pastes, and talcum powders (e.g., Dabur). They have been out of alum bars for quite a while but perhaps they will re stock.

Bed Bath and Beyond doesn't carry C.O. Bigelow anymore, unfortunately. and the Crabtree and Evelyn store is gone from pentagon city mall. It's really bad around here. unless you wanna spend top dollar for every cream you buy :mad3: hardly any blades around either. on the upside my cornerstore has stayed faithful with Wilkinson sword blades for 2 dollars and some pennies:thumbup:

Yep, things are not getting better around DC, as far as I can tell. Rodman's seems like it is on a slide for shaving stuff, including their selection of Pinaud products. It did add Bromnley not that long ago. Shoppers at 7 Corners rarely has S70 anymore and only has the basic BR when it does. It seems lighter and lighter on other Latin lotions.

All AV everywhere is now in plastic. No Indian store I know of consistently has alum bars. Only Aditi has shaving cream and they only have the Fa and only in the one scent. (They did get Palmolive nylon shaving brushes at $4.99. Not bad.)

Florida Water is more widely available than before. The Body Shoppe has some decent shaving things. The Container Store has quality and decently priced decant containers--now on sale--and decently priced bubble envelopes. A place in Baltimore has great deals on decant vials, but not as many atomizers as one might like.

i hit up the body shop yesterday and got the macca cream. gonna look for this Aditi place and try to get my hands on the Fa

i hit up the body shop yesterday and got the macca cream. gonna look for this Aditi place and try to get my hands on the Fa

I should have identified the Macca cream as one of the good things from The Body Shoppe. Very cushiony and moisterizing. May not be as slick as some, but still excellent.

The Fa shaving cream is behind the counter at Aditi. Should be $4.99. The scent is "Sportser" if I recall. Small bars of Mysore sandalwood bath soap for $1.29. Big bottles of Dabur lavender and sandalwood talc for cheap. Smaller bottles of Mysore sandal talc for not as cheap, but very nice talc. Great Dabur and other toothpastes. A Godref shampoo bar of some type that I like, again for $1.29. All of this stuff is behind the counter in the front of the store. They used to have alum bars, but as far as I can tell have not had any for a while.

Hate to bring up old threads but is there anything near National Harbour/Gaylord Hotel?

Mark,

Patrick's of Old Town, which carries Jack Black, Tade and Edwin Jagger is only about 5-10 minutes away from the Gaylord. In Tyson's Corner, about 20-30 minutes away, there is a Grooming Lounge which carries Acqua di Parma, T&H, Trumpers, Jack Black, and a few others. In Pentagon City, about 10-15 minutes away, there is an AoS store.

If you're going to be in the National Harbor area, let me know. I live about 5 minutes away...

Bill

Shoppers at Seven Corners seems pretty well shot these days. No Superior 70. Maybe a little Florida Water. Maybe some interesting WItch Hazel, but that is about it.

Blue Mercury in Georgetown and Bethesda has a great selection of scents: SL, Acqua di Parma, Diptyque (sp?), a bunch of others.

Cruised over to Old Town Alexandria from The Gaylord and found a place called AR Perfumes. This is the information from the card "Large Selection of International Fragrances." They indeed had a large variety of men and women scents and I picked up a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver but the OLD formulation, yup they have a lot of lot's of Roger & Gallet too.

The shop owner is French and knows a lot but unfortunately colognes is not a item to have an AD for. He said it's free shipping over $50 and no tax outside VA.

Inforamtion:
AR Perfumes
101 North Union Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
arperfumes *at*gmail.com

at Potomac Mills in Woodbridge, VA there is a beauty supply store (near Saks anchor) that carries Jack Black line, Pinaud line, and a bunch of other men's stuff. not a whole lot, but enough that I was surprised to even see it. I don't think there will be any surprises, but if you are in the area, worth a look to see what they have.

I was just in the Italian store and also couldn't find the shave stuff. I had to ask and unfortunately i first asked for soaps and they said haven't had any in a long long time, and then i said shave soap and they said "ohhhh, right here!'

i don't know how I missed this sign right on top of their inventory..

proxy.php

The shave section faces the meat counter...
proxy.php

at Potomac Mills in Woodbridge, VA there is a beauty supply store (near Saks anchor) that carries Jack Black line, Pinaud line, and a bunch of other men's stuff. not a whole lot, but enough that I was surprised to even see it. I don't think there will be any surprises, but if you are in the area, worth a look to see what they have.

I was just in the Italian store and also couldn't find the shave stuff. I had to ask and unfortunately i first asked for soaps and they said haven't had any in a long long time, and then i said shave soap and they said "ohhhh, right here!'

i don't know how I missed this sign right on top of their inventory..

proxy.php

The shave section faces the meat counter...
proxy.php

Awesome - thanks! Headed there today after the Legg Mason Tennis tournament qualies this morning... thanks for the pics!

I was by Rodman's on Wisconsin Avenue this weekend and they seem to have eliminated the locked glass case of shaving stuff they had up until, say, a couple of weeks ago. They still had the less expensive stuff they had out on the shelves previously, and have put their Omega boar brushes out there now, too, but apparently have eliminated their more expensive brushes, bowls, and ASB-type stuff. I have to say that this has all of the signs of not boding well for Rodman's as a source of shaving stuff, which is really too bad, as I do not know of any place local that had (still has for the most part) as good a selection for reasonable prices.

A shame to have local stores down to AOS, the Grooming Loungem, and the meager offering of places like Sally's and various ethic store. (Not that the countries that those stores represent have meager shaving materials. It is just that the stores involved do not have much shaving stuff from those countries.)

I fear that wet-shavers are in limited number!

A pleasant surprise yesterday when I wandered into a store on 14th street near U street (actually around 14th and S) -- Pulp:

http://www.pulpdc.com/

they had 3 sticks of shaving soap for $2 each... an Omega brush and some red plastic tubs of high-end Italian shaving cream (I think $14?), and some other shaving stuff... worth a look if you're in the area!

Last edited:
Near the Studio Theatre. A really happening neighborhood these days. Never would have thought to look there for shaving stuff. I may drop by tomorrow!

Near the Studio Theatre. A really happening neighborhood these days. Never would have thought to look there for shaving stuff. I may drop by tomorrow!

Yeah, I was totally surprised to see shaving stuff in that store... at first glance it appeared to be just a stationery store. And if you do happen to stop by, would you mind posting the name of the high-end Italian cream in the red tubs on here? I can't remember the brand... if it turns out to be a great cream, I may stop back and buy some! (was in the neighborhood to visit that store -- Room & Board -- nice mid-level stuff but rather overpriced for what it is... if you ask me.)

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/more_ways_to_shop/stores/washington_dc.ftl

A pleasant surprise yesterday when I wandered into a store on 14th street near U street (actually around 14th and S) -- Pulp:

http://www.pulpdc.com/

they had 3 sticks of shaving soap for $2 each... an Omega brush and some red plastic tubs of high-end Italian shaving cream (I think $14?), and some other shaving stuff... worth a look if you're in the area!

Thanks for the tip, neighbor! It's been too long since I've visited anywhere in D.C. besides the Mall, Smithsonian, etc. I should get out there more often :scooter::punk:

Yeah, I was totally surprised to see shaving stuff in that store... at first glance it appeared to be just a stationery store. And if you do happen to stop by, would you mind posting the name of the high-end Italian cream in the red tubs on here? I can't remember the brand... if it turns out to be a great cream, I may stop back and buy some! (was in the neighborhood to visit that store -- Room & Board -- nice mid-level stuff but rather overpriced for what it is... if you ask me.)

http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/more_ways_to_shop/stores/washington_dc.ftl

I went by this morning. No shave soap sticks left that I saw. A number of Omega "Professional" brushes ($12.95 or so) and the red tub Italian shaving cream at, I think, $14.95 is Cella

proxy.php

A very nice Italian shaving cream. You can get it a bit cheaper on-line I suppose but that is not a bad price and I would like to encourage these folks!

I went by this morning. No shave soap sticks left that I saw. A number of Omega "Professional" brushes ($12.95 or so) and the red tub Italian shaving cream at, I think, $14.95 is Cella

proxy.php

A very nice Italian shaving cream. You can get it a bit cheaper on-line I suppose but that is not a bad price and I would like to encourage these folks!

Thanks -- that's the one! I'll have to give Cella a try... :001_smile

Oh I guess I'm not terribly surprised that the shave sticks are gone -- they were for sale outside under a tent in front of the store -- evidentally there was some sort of "Dog Days of August" promotion last weekend where all the vendors along that part of 14th street had some items for sale under tents on the sidewalk. (Evidentally Rom Emanuel and his family stopped by Saturday -- according to The Reliable Source).

Yes I'd love to encourage these folks as well! It would be great if wet shaving catches on in D.C. and Pulp stocks an ever-increasing variety of high-end shaving supplies...

Rodman's correction!

I was wrong that Rodman's was cutting back on shaving stuff. They simply moved their locked glass case of shaving stuff. So now cool shaving stuff is in two places not all that close together. Still the best non-AOS-type store in the DMV I know of for shaving stuff. Not very comprehensive though.

Such a great store all around though!

Top Bottom