What's new

Where to buy a Zazor?

Hi guys,

I have been trying to get a hold of a Zazor, but due to postal restrictions at the moment I can't buy from Razorus due to living in tasmania, Australia.

Does anyone know of any other dealers that might be able to help with postage to Tasmania?

Cheers....

Hi guys,

I have been trying to get a hold of a Zazor, but due to postal restrictions at the moment I can't buy from Razorus due to living in tasmania, Australia.

Does anyone know of any other dealers that might be able to help with postage to Tasmania?

Cheers....

Razorus is where I got mine.
You might have to just wait for the restrictions to be lifted, unfortunately. They are wonderful razors, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razorus is where I got mine.
You might have to just wait for the restrictions to be lifted, unfortunately. They are wonderful razors, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you might be right.... I suppose there's some other nice stuff on Razorus also....

Thanks for the thought there, much appreciated.

I ended up sourcing one from Razorus when the border was open again down here in Australia.

a pretty tidy little unit!

Thanks for the thought there, much appreciated.

I ended up sourcing one from Razorus when the border was open again down here in Australia.

a pretty tidy little unit!
Cool! Glad you were able to sort that out. How do you like the Zazor?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

its an interesting little beasty. I have a couple similar styles such as the Razorine v1, and the Razorine v2. I only use straights and shavettes.

I made a kangaroo leather handle wrap for my Razorine v1, and for me this improved the grip and 'balance' out of sight. For this reason only, i prefer the Razorine v1 with a leather handle wrap. See attached pictures.

I think the Zazor is great value, and gives an outstanding shave as they all do. I found the head a little more broad on the Zazor which was a touch more difficult to get under my nose....

I like that the Zazor is light, cheap, and does exactly what it says on the box. I enjoy that it demands many of the same skills as straights such a stretching and a good lather.

On a razorine, i dont particularly like the thumbscrew. I feels like something I will lose? But this is a purely subjective thing.

In my opinion, the blade holder is superior on the Zazor.

My impression is that someone new to these might like to start with the Zazor, then if they have the cash, enjoy the style, and want something longterm then look into a Razorine... but know they both shave equally well when you are familiar. If they dont want a Razorine, then the Zazor is a fun little addition to to someones den with minimal outlay.

I would love to see Zazor bring out an 'answer' to the Razorine that might include better materials and a refined version of the blade holder. I also have a soft spot for the Zazor as it was 'first', and perhaps deserves more kudos for this.

sorry for the ramble.... i didnt intend a zazor vs razorine post....

To sum up... im keeping both as I feel they both have a place in my den.
103535123_1677397335731888_3350590694356040690_o.jpg
104402723_1682689635202658_5245384316991784222_n.jpg
104943779_1677397339065221_5304176151584994014_o.jpg

its an interesting little beasty. I have a couple similar styles such as the Razorine v1, and the Razorine v2. I only use straights and shavettes.

I made a kangaroo leather handle wrap for my Razorine v1, and for me this improved the grip and 'balance' out of sight. For this reason only, i prefer the Razorine v1 with a leather handle wrap. See attached pictures.

I think the Zazor is great value, and gives an outstanding shave as they all do. I found the head a little more broad on the Zazor which was a touch more difficult to get under my nose....

I like that the Zazor is light, cheap, and does exactly what it says on the box. I enjoy that it demands many of the same skills as straights such a stretching and a good lather.

On a razorine, i dont particularly like the thumbscrew. I feels like something I will lose? But this is a purely subjective thing.

In my opinion, the blade holder is superior on the Zazor.

My impression is that someone new to these might like to start with the Zazor, then if they have the cash, enjoy the style, and want something longterm then look into a Razorine... but know they both shave equally well when you are familiar. If they dont want a Razorine, then the Zazor is a fun little addition to to someones den with minimal outlay.

I would love to see Zazor bring out an 'answer' to the Razorine that might include better materials and a refined version of the blade holder. I also have a soft spot for the Zazor as it was 'first', and perhaps deserves more kudos for this.

sorry for the ramble.... i didnt intend a zazor vs razorine post....

To sum up... im keeping both as I feel they both have a place in my den.
View attachment 1130968View attachment 1130969View attachment 1130970
Very cool!

You're the first person that I am aware of, who has used the Zazor and both versions of the Razorine.

I really like what you did with the Roo leather. I've seen others use Plasti-Dip to improve the grip, but yours is much nicer.

I have a Razorine classic and multiple Zazors (different colors). I would definitely agree that the thumbscrew and the blade-holding mechanism on the Razorine are not as reliable as the Zazor. The stud/clip method that the Zazor uses seem to center and align the blade more reliably and more easily IMHO.

The main thing I don't care for on the Razorine is the weight balance. I find it to be way too head-heavy. I think that the issues people have with the gripping surfaces would be moot if the weight balance were a bit more even. The Zazor is lighter overall, and is very well balanced. For me, this makes it considerably easier to maneuver.

I am also glad that you pointed out that the Zazor existed before the Razorine. I've seen forum posts talking about the Zazor going back to 2009. Despite the fact that the Razorine came out in 2018, certain people (mainly the Razorine's producers) still claim that the Zazor is somehow a cheap imitation. The Zazor was not available outside of Turkey until 2019. Once Razorus started shipping them internationally, they started selling well, especially in Europe and North Amaerica. I'll admit that a lot curiosity about this type of razor was initially driven by the Razorine and likely increased demand for the Zazor. But it's clearly not a copy.

According to Gianni, the Razorine Premium (or V2) made improvements to the weight balance and blade loading/holding. What is your experience in that regard?

Cheers,

Rob

crikey.. i dint know the Zazor was from 2009... thats cool.

regarding the V2..... i do think Gianni has improved balance, blade holding/loading and overall feel.

a V1 with a plush handle mitigates the Weight distribution issue by increasing the sensation of grip....

for me, the single biggest improvement is the blade holding of the V2.... theres no fiddling needed

Top Bottom