What's new

Where is the Tallow?!

I guess La Toja and Proraso make their money when they sell their products abroad. Wow! Floïd is only €4.95? BTW, your profile picture always makes me think of the guy in the Star Trek “Where No Man Has Gone Before“ episode.

View attachment 1311432
That's him in my profile pic, also (with a bit of artistic license). In Italian, that episode is called "Oltre la Galassia" (Beyond the Galaxy). Actor Gary Lockwood played the character Gary Mitchell. He was also in 2001: A Space Odyssey playing Frank Poole and quite a lot of TV series roles back then.

Here's another profile pick with Khan:

cella-khan-v2-3.png

Can anyone recommend any hard soaps that have a Tabacish smell? If there one thing in the reviews I'm seeing have in common, it doesn't smell like the old formula much.
I've never come across anything that similar in scent.

However: try this life hack. If you buy a bottle of the tabac cologne, you can put a little on your finger and rub it around the inside of your nostrils before you shave. Then you can shave with whatever soap and it smells like tabac!

Well, except Arko. Nothing can obscure that.

That's him in my profile pic, also (with a bit of artistic license). In Italian, that episode is called "Oltre la Galassia" (Beyond the Galaxy). Actor Gary Lockwood played the character Gary Mitchell. He was also in 2001: A Space Odyssey playing Frank Poole and quite a lot of TV series roles back then.
Yes, I remember seeing him in a number of war series, like Combat and 12 O'Clock High.

Vacuum seal is a step above and beyond! Truly necessary, if otherwise kept cool/dry? Does soap go “bad”?

No doubt someone will dispute this but yes tallow soap can go off. In the past I've had Lea and Palmolive which smelled rancid.
I've used Tabac exclusively for years and see no point buying up years worth of the stuff. It's only soap and if the new version doesn't cut it I'll use something else.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
No doubt someone will dispute this but yes tallow soap can go off. In the past I've had Lea and Palmolive which smelled rancid.
I've used Tabac exclusively for years and see no point buying up years worth of the stuff. It's only soap and if the new version doesn't cut it I'll use something else.

Maybe has something to do with moisture content? I would think that would be a factor, but not certain.

Rancidity is an oxidation chemical reaction. If you keep the soap away from oxygen in a cool, dark dry place, it should prevent this or at least slow it down a great deal. That is the rationale for vacuum sealing with oxygen absorbers in the bags.

Top Bottom