What's new

When did you find your daily driver

August of 2012 , my Godfather passed and I snatched up three razors from his apartment, a 56 Diplomat , 76 black handled super speed, and a 78 black handled super speed,. The 78 has been my daily driver and my 76 has become one of my travel razors. I have not yet used the Diplomat ..

Earlier this year I was gifted a Gillette 195. I recently purchased a Henson AL-13 and have been using that one exclusively for two months. They are both fantastic and will both be mainstays in my rotation.

July 2012, when Tradere OC-00145 arrived in that kinda hilariously over the top black clamshell case.

The only other razor to come anywhere close since then is the Tradere SB.

Over the last 9 years, I've even got rid of most other razors. The Tradere is really THAT good.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My daily driver for the last 5+ years is a Wolfman WR1 SB. And it took quite awhile to find it.

I look at other razors, but this is the one for me!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:
Good choice, and mine as well. It was a sunny day in the spring of 2015, as I recall. I feel fortunate that I only had to purchase about 10 razors to find the one. Just to rub it in, I remember the price as about $155 USD.

Since about 1975 my only razor was a Schick L1 injector, so that would have been it. For the last three years I have been a "collector" and rotate through my assemblage of razors. No daily driver these days!

I am on the hunt only been at DE a year I thought I could do it in 6 months reckon I got another year or two :) hahahah
my plan will be enough is enough though do not have to try EVERY razor no want to collect just have the most comfy so its just best two go up against the next and those two move forward

once I find that top one or two maybe two :) I could see once in a while trying one more for Xmas and seeing what it does just for fun this is a cheap hobby

My "daily driver" seems to change every few weeks. Currently it is a 1937 Gillette Sheraton DE razor, used with one shim under the working blade.

Beautiful in appearance. Efficient in performance. And comfortable and safe on my face. What more could be desired?

My current daily razors are the Merkur Progress, Game Changer .84 and Lupo DC (i'm mostly using the .95 side). all of which i've bought less than a year ago.

In general, I have no desire to buy modern razors (I might make an exception to the ATT Windsor Pro aluminum) and once I hunt down and get the few vintage razors that i'm currently after, I would probably stop buying vintage as well, but I make no promises :D. After trying around 30 different DE razors both vintage and modern I pretty much know what to look for in a razor and what to avoid, so I believe that my quest for finding the ''perfect'' DE razor will soon come to an end.

I don't really have a daily driver. Skin changes over the years. What worked for me when I began wet shaving in my 20s does not work for me in my 40s. The one constant is ingrown hairs. If a razor causes a lot of irritation and bumps in the throat region then I will no longer use it.

Several times I bombarded one of my razors to my daily driver currently it is the snmirn but it changes from time to time so it is more core collection and bedroom closet drawer in a whim kind of thingie

I have had many "daily drivers" over the years. Right now, it is a Rex Ambassador. Been using the Rex since April I believe. I like to use a vintage Gillette from time to time. I also like to participate in OCtober and Shark Week. I will say that the Rex will not likely be displaced anytime soon. It is like someone custom made a razor just for me and my face, the Rex is really that good for me. All that being said, I do plan to try the Yaqi Final Cut adjustable and perhaps pick up a Razorock BBS OC. I will always be interested in the "next great thing" when it comes to razors so my collection continues to grow albeit much slower then it did 10 years ago.

My go to razor was the R41 2013 for quite a few years then Ikon 104 tech took, that slot.

Nowadays, I rotate : Ikon 104 and the Feather SR kamisori.

If I could get the Ikon 104 tech in SS , brass or copper then game over for me as regards DE razors.

“When did I find my daily driver? What is it? And how long?

Easy answer (although not helpful)…SOON.

I’ve found many daily drivers; EJ DE89, Timeless Bronze TRBR38, Saber L2, MMOC, now maybe my Wolfman WR2…

Honestly, as my technique has improved and my whiskers have changed (getting older is better than the alternative) my requirements and preferences have changed. And that’s okay.

I’ve found a few through the years that have brought me great shaves and a lot of happiness. As I progress through my learning (it never stops, unless you force it to) my daily drivers have changed. They were all “perfect” at the time and gave me great shaves and I do not feel bad for moving on, when I needed to.

The journey is one worth experiencing, so I continue… When I find my final daily driver I’ll let you know, in the meantime, I’ll just continue the journey and see where it takes me.

After shaving with a Van Der Hagen for quite a few years, I was given a Parker 91R for a b-day gift in November(it was on my wish list, just never pulled the trigger), and it IS my daily driver! Paired with a Wilkinson blade(Germany), it is a great shave for me.

Eben Stone

Staff member
The R41 and iKon Tek were my daily drivers for years in an effort to force myself to learn good technique. It worked and now bounce around within my razors every couple weeks. I like a lot of blade-feel, but I even use my milder razors from time to time just to give them some use..
^^ same, except replace "years" with "one year."

I like variety and experimenting, so after one year I acquired the Blackland Dart and Henson TI +++. These quickly replaced the R41 and Tek. Now I rotate between the Dart and Henson. The Henson TI +++ is my "mild" razor.

Top Bottom