What's new

WHAT'S YOUR TEA TODAY ?

A gift , I never buy tea bags , but the flavor is excellent and the bag is non toxic .
IMG_0887.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0884.JPG

Started off with some heavy tea drinking already this morning...

Upton Keemun in a large Yixing and now some Upton Shu Puerh in a classic porcelain "English" pot. I need to find another large Yixing at some point to dedicate to Shu when I want to brew Western style.

Speaking of heavy tea drinking, how much tea do you guys chug throughout the day?
There are days when I drink 2 large mugs, which is about one liter (32oz). Mostly Assam tea these days.
Quite a bit. Yesterday, I started the day off with 16oz of hot black tea and carry a 22oz water bottle with cold tea to work with me. After I finish off the cold tea (usually one decaf/herbal tea bag I cold brewed the night before- so it's mostly water) I throw in a couple spoonfuls of matcha in the same bottle and shake that up really well to finish off the afternoon. I got home and brewed up 16oz of green tea with dinner. So, that's like 76oz. I also sip on water at home.

I also love coffee but go through phases where I pick one or the other. This week is tea. I do not drink even half the amount of coffee that I do tea, though. That's usually 24 ounces in the morning max and maybe 12oz of decaf at night with tea/water during the day.

Starting today off with Yorkshire brewed in an Old Amsterdam porcelain pot.

I’m a one cup a day kinda dude. :)

View attachment 1634603
My nightcap recently has been a family sized bag of the Great Value Decaf tea in a 3 cup (18oz pot). On it's own, I don't like the tea much at all but I throw a large heaping tsp of ground ginger in it and a couple of packs of sweet n low and it makes a really great decaf drink. Just an option if you ever want more than that one cup. ;)

Started today off with a pot of Upton's cheap loose Keemun in my large Yixing pot (16oz). Really nice tea with good flavor and not the bitter notes of my favorite Assams. Upton seems to be out of it more often than they have it, though. It could easily become my everyday tea if it was more available.

Speaking of heavy tea drinking, how much tea do you guys chug throughout the day?
There are days when I drink 2 large mugs, which is about one liter (32oz). Mostly Assam tea these days.
I'm a tea-totaller, averaging about 50 oz daily. Not a coffee, soda or alcohol drinker. I tend toward the whole leaf teas, which yield a richer, more nuanced flavor.

Tried Bigelow Ginger Peach with Turmeric this evening. Wasn't bad but fairly mild tasting compared to about all other teas and tisanes I've tried- even with a 7 minute steep. I'll keep it in the cupboard for when I want a decaf nightcap and something different.

Normally I would drink in the reigion of six or seven mugs of black tea with milk and sugar.

Tetley British Blend tonight. Yorkshire Red is much better. They'll probably be added to the iced tea pile after I experiment with steeping times a little more. Maybe I can make it work.

Played around with steeping times and ratios this morning with the Tetley British Blend. Also used my favorite Yixing and favorite cup. Much better today. I added an extra minute to the steep and using a well seasoned Yixing (black teas for the last 20 years) definitely helped bring out more flavor. It was much better this way compared to just throwing a tea bag in a glass mug last night for not enough time. Part of the fun for me in this hobby is figuring out the right scenarios to making the perfect cup for the type of tea I have.

Inexpensive China Black in the large Yixing western style. Did a 4 minute steep but may actually up it the next time to 5 and I almost never do that with black teas...it's a very mild sweet flavor without much bite or complexity. Not bad just different.

Top Bottom