What's new

What's your smooooooothest razor?

I'd have to say my smoothest razor is the oddball of my collection. The Personna DE with the beveled cap design. The best way I can describe it is that it feels just a bit more aggressive than the Pre-War Canadian Tech and the caps angle seems to be have been designed to give the perfect cutting angle when placed against your face.

I use a stainless bulldog handle on it to add grip and weight since the stock aluminum one you see is the only bad thing about the razor.
$PersonnaDE4.jpg

Add; That Personna has a head similar to the Schick Krona DE

Schick Injector J3 with any Vintage blade, runner-up is my son's Schick L3/ Vintage Plus Platinum blade.

I'd have to say my smoothest razor is the oddball of my collection. The Personna DE with the beveled cap design. The best way I can describe it is that it feels just a bit more aggressive than the Pre-War Canadian Tech and the caps angle seems to be have been designed to give the perfect cutting angle when placed against your face.

I use a stainless bulldog handle on it to add grip and weight since the stock aluminum one you see is the only bad thing about the razor.

I take it that is vintage? Very interesting.

My smoothest:

1. Schick K2
2. Schick Krona
3. Gillette Slim

Smoothest? Shick Krona. And to think, I was disappointed when I got it in a package deal. Turned out to be the pick of the litter.

For me it's definitely my Razorock SLAB. 2 passes and a little touch up and I get a really nice shave. It's quickly becoming my favorite razor just in front of my NEW LC.

If were only talking about smoothness and a very nice shave I would pick the following.

Gillette fat handle Tech
Edwin Jagger DE89
Weishi 9306
Remei 3 piece (New in package, paid 3.79 on Ebay with free shipping)

My British #15 & #16 are tied for smoothness,even though the #15 is OC....For closeness the award goes to my 1928 Big Boy,the #15 and #16 just don't dig down deep like the Big Boy does..

Top Bottom