What's new

whats your most expensive fountain pen

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Paul:
If memory serves my right... I think I paid approx $300USD for my FP (and about $200USD for my Rollerball). :thumbsup:

my-mb-pens-2-jpg.933931
my-mb-pens-3-jpg.933932

TOP - Vintage (1990’ circa), Meisterstuck Classic (black with gold trim), Rollerball Pen.

BOTTOM - Vintage (1990' circa), #144 Meisterstuck Classic Fountain (black with gold trim...extra-fine two-tone [14K 4810 rhodium-plated inlay] nib), Pen w/ 75th Anniversary Diamond Solitaire cap.

my-mb-pens-1-jpg.933930
my-mb-pens-jpg.933933

fountain-pen-icon-png.933937
“None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen or half it's ['pensations']; but we can try". Mark Twain

I purchased a Montblanc 149 for $75.00.

But the most expensive pen was the Bic I used to sign the marriage license.
Well said :)

I think my most expensive was my Montblanc Chopin special edition. I don't remember what I spent on it, but it was my most expensive.

My most expensive was bought for me, my pilot decimo in red lacquer. If its one I bought my self its probably my venerable Kaweco raw AL sport.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Honestly I have no idea what my most expensive pen might be but I do have some I find dear.

A Danitrio Sho-Hakkaku Ancient Flowers by Koichiro Okazaki

proxy.php

A Nakaya Kikyo Picolo Writer

proxy.php

A Caran d'Ache Hexagonal China Black

proxy.php

A Platinum Izumo Taisha Yagumonuri

proxy.php

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I really need to add a couple more to the list. (Blame the omission on really bad sinus)

A 1941 Parker "51" that was an engagement present from my Dad to my Mom:
proxy.php

and the first quarter 1943 Parker Vacumatic Mom sent Dad when I was born:
proxy.php

The Pelikan M400 White Tortoise with a B nib. Thanks to the arrival of some funds I wasn't expecting to have. Cost shipped from the UK including exchange rate and shipping was about $225.

For me it was my Sailor 1911L Fresca, don't recall the exact dollar amount but it was knocking on the door of $300. I want to think it was somewhere around $280.

Probably MB Einstein. SWMBO gave it (and a bottle of matching ink) to me for my birthday/Christmas one year. I find it too large to use as a daily driver so it is relegated to home use and special occasions.

Most likely a green Sheaffer PFM I that I found in a box of stuff when cleaning out my Mom’s place after she passed.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
image.jpeg
I had a custom binde made for one of my 149s. Had one made in the same material for a M800, Aurora 88, and a custom Shawn Newton as well.

Top Bottom