What's new

whats your most expensive fountain pen

A Nakaya decapod I think it was called. My brother borrowed it and I have not seen it since. I have a few old Montblanc picked up new but the prices today make them expensive.

Pelikan Souverän M1000 OBB purchased in 1998 for $370.
Waterman LeMan 100 OB also purchased in 1998 for $301.

Waterman 58 for which I paid $1,800
I also have 4 OMAS in arco bronze celluloid, costing from $770 to $1,525

Thats enough bragging for one day

most expensive pen in my collection currently is a pelikan sunlight. what pen i would really like to nab is a parker 51 in cordovan brown

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
My smoked bamboo Sailor naginata togi.

But the most expensive pen was the Bic I used to sign the marriage license.

I am reminded of that old Bic sales campaign about "you flic my Bic" I think aimed mostly at the Bic lighters and loaded with double entendre. Might have made a good "one liner" between you and SWMBO right after signing.

A Nakaya, which was a 40th birthday present to myself.

"Dammit ... how long until my 50th birthday?!?!?"
--David.

I have Porsche 3135 Solid fountain pen. When I bought it, it was just over 2 grand. The price has dropped considerably
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My most expensive pen is a Pelikan M805 Demonstrator with a nib ground and tuned by Masuyama, with the second most being the MB 149.

My most valued pen is my Tactile Turn fountain pen with a stainless Bock nib that Pendleton Brown ground to a cursive italic with added flex...seriously clever piece of work by my friend Pendleton. It writes like an absolute dream!

Vr

Matt

Hmmmm? Well I picked up several nice used FP's, all for around $125: Lamy 2000, MB 221 Piston, MB Noblesse, & Edison Nuveau. A friend told me that I paid too much for them, except possibly the Edison. Well, I have used cheap fountain pens for years and decided to get some "nicer" ones, but didn't get any good advice before diving in. I suppose us begining collectors do stuff like that. Is ignorance bliss?

I have Porsche 3135 Solid fountain pen. When I bought it, it was just over 2 grand. The price has dropped considerably
proxy.php

proxy.php

I figured it wouldn’t be right to upload a pic from the internet

Must admit that now that I have found my ideal pen that I am not hungry enough to buy expensive pens, I am past the point where I need to have an expensive pen, by which I mean $1000 or so.

Must admit that I have two 149s and had both of them for 10 years, they dont see much use.

Unexpected chunk of cash came my way, so I splurged and picked up a Visconti Homo Sapiens Dark Age, with the Cursive Smooth Italic nib ground by Mark Bacas. It should ship tomorrow, and be at my house by Tuesday this week.

When I retired from teaching and law enforcement, I decided to reward myself:

MONTBLANC

ALEXANDRE DUMAS WRITERS EDITION ( with wrong signature)

I then had Greg Minuskin grind it to sharp italic. Total about $900. Well worth it.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I suppose it should be the Pelikan Souverän M800, but I purchased it used here quite a few years ago for a sum I don't remember.

Most expensive would be the Ruby Red Pelikan M600.

Pelikan dark blue M605. I don't remember exactly what I paid for it. I think that was in 2003 or 2004? I do remember being kind of nervous about sending off so much money to someone in Germany that had a few to sell.

Top Bottom