What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Last 100 pack was Voskhod. I read a lot about them being smooth so gave them a shot a few months ago cos they were under $10. They did not disappoint. I find them very smooth and they work well in the handful of razors I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm very happy with Voskhod blades. I hope you like them as much as I do. I ordered 100 of them last month, and I'm not disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hi,I would like to know the quality of the tatra blades as I'm interested in purchasing a 100 too!

Of course, I will try and compare them to other blades once I get them. Still on their way from Germany.
I've been using the German Wilkinson Sword as my go to blade for a while now, fun to try something new.

I'm very happy with Voskhod blades. I hope you like them as much as I do. I ordered 100 of them last month, and I'm not disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yes I really like the Voskhods. I haven't tried any of the Rapira Platinum Luxs before. Would anyone happen to know if they are similar at all to Voskhods? I'm also interested to hear what people think of the Tatras @hydro-magic and @Pippirull mentioned as well.

for me as my first bulk buy i have pulled the trigger on 100 derby premium as i find them a nice blade . and at just £6.50 inc that makes them cheeper than chips .
If you've tried Derby Extras, can you compare the two? I honestly don't mind Derby Extras at all. I'm assuming the Premiums are smoother?

Yes I really like the Voskhods. I haven't tried any of the Rapira Platinum Luxs before. Would anyone happen to know if they are similar at all to Voskhods? I'm also interested to hear what people think of the Tatras @hydro-magic and @Pippirull mentioned as well.
I've tried Voskhods and Rapira Platinum Lux. To me they seem similar but I like the Platinum Lux's a little more. They're both pretty smooth blades but not that sharp, which is good for lots of people but not so good for me. They're both only good for about 3 shaves for me. The Tatras are much sharper but still smooth for me and seem like they might last a little longer.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Tatra razor blades.

I bought 10 of these to try ‘em out.

Tatra.jpg

I've tried Voskhods and Rapira Platinum Lux. To me they seem similar but I like the Platinum Lux's a little more. They're both pretty smooth blades but not that sharp, which is good for lots of people but not so good for me. They're both only good for about 3 shaves for me. The Tatras are much sharper but still smooth for me and seem like they might last a little longer.

Cool thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased 100 Silver Stars for @ 8 cents a pop. Close enough to gsb and the Personna reds I've been using for less than half the price. Better life and performance than Astra sp I have in stock as well. Of course ymmv.

If you've tried Derby Extras, can you compare the two? I honestly don't mind Derby Extras at all. I'm assuming the Premiums are smoother?

yes I have used both and as you say the premiums are smoother and also seem sharper too. so all in all I would say that if you look at the extras as a 4 out of 10 then the premiums in my eyes are a 7-8 out of ten .

Just pulled the trigger on 100 Voskhods and 100 Tatras. Simply couldn't resist. Combined with what I'm sitting on, I'll be clean shaven through a full on thermonuclear war and it's fallout.

I ordered 100 Nacets from Jordan. I assume they’re in a prop plane, superimposed on a map with the theme to Indiana Jones playing right now.

With the noise that Crystals weren’t going to made in their Nazareth factory anymore I just heard about and me about to open my 3rd and last box of 120 in the last 5 years... I figured I might try a couple other things and settle on something new. Who knows... maybe better? The Crystals did provide an irritation free shave that was plenty close enough compared to some other, sharper blades.

Top Bottom