What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

picked up a 100 of the Vi-John Super Platinum from IB for 3 bucks, not a bad blade for 3 bucks you can't go wrong.

Feather. Because they're the best for me and my beard.

Attachments

• 20191230_202807.jpg
    20191230_202807.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 26
My 1st 100 - Feather...why?because I just can't resist. They're cheap & easily found in the many mini markets at the place where I went for a short work trip.....
Don't need it but want it...hahahaha
20191230_132519.jpg

Cool at a mini-mart. Would never see that where I am in the east Bay Area. Where abouts are you btw?
Hi...the place where I found all the boxes of Feathers are in Doha...incredible indeed. The price is only QR54 equal to
usd14.8 per box of 100. How can a wet shaver ever resist? My previous trip there I bought 'only' 7 tucks of 5. This time...just seeing those boxes lying where they are almost untouched...I feel it is my duty to help....
hahahahaha...

For context, in DEs I use OCs and slants almost exclusively.

100 blade purchases to date, in order:

All my 100 DE orders come after hitting a sampler tuck I really like. I still have over half of my self-chosen 20 sampler tucks unopened. I hand out blades to my sons, so multiple 100s make at least a little sense.

Astra SP - first blade in my sampler that I thought could be a daily driver. Recently, I was mostly giving them, a tuck at a time, to my oldest son. He just bought 300 for less than $8 per 100.

Rapira Platinum Lux - ready for a little sharper, was sticking with Russia for the moment, but picked a Ladas favorite.

GEM Stainless PTFE - really, this is the only SE blade worth owning in bulk. The carbon GEMs have a very short life. I haven’t opened this 100 yet, since some of my vintage SEs came with a tuck, and the stainless GEMs give a lot of quality shaves per blade.

Supermax Blue Diamond - nice and sharp, a little edgier than the Rapira PL. It was time to move beyond Russia.

Feather Hi-Stainless - just for the SHARP. Not a daily for me. If the price was lower and the wax blobs were smaller, maybe I would consider them for every day. They give the fewest shaves per blade of any of my 100s.

Voskhod (won a PIF, but I do like Voskhods) - just lucky I guess.

So far, no disappointments. Right now I’m afraid to dive into the sampler tucks for fear I’ll buy another 100. There are still many well-regarded blades in the sampler queue.

Voskhod, $12.99 at Amazon. Why? I love these blades. I mainly used these & the Astra SP's although I have more blades coming in soon from Try a Blade.

Tatra Platinum - check them out if you haven't heard of them yet. They seem to be a new blade from the Czech Republic. I've only used one so far but that first blade was really good. Like GSB good - no kidding.

Last 100 pack was Voskhod. I read a lot about them being smooth so gave them a shot a few months ago cos they were under $10. They did not disappoint. I find them very smooth and they work well in the handful of razors I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom