What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

The SPs get all the love but I am totally happy with the SSs. Hope they work out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the SS blades better as they are sharper and Platinum blades sometimes irritate my skin.SS blades are very good.The newest blades I'm trying are the Tatra blades also from Czech.They are supposed to be a clone of Astras lets see!

My last 100 blade purchase was Astra SP. I have purchased smaller numbers of Bolzano, Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette Platinum and Polsilver Super Iridium blades.

I am not a fan of the Bolzano Super Inox blades. I cannot get a consistent shave from them. I am a big Astra SP, GSB, Gillette Platinum and Polsilver fan.

Asked for and got 100 Bic Chrome Platinum blades for Christmas, because they are sharp and smooth.
Just bought 100 each of Lord Platinum and Shark Platinum, kind of was obligated to, to reach the free shipping threshold because I ordered a DE handle from Italian Barber.....on the plus side they are sharp and smooth as well.

I like the SS blades better as they are sharper and Platinum blades sometimes irritate my skin.SS blades are very good.The newest blades I'm trying are the Tatra blades also from Czech.They are supposed to be a clone of Astras lets see!

The Tatras seem to be getting good reviews here lately. I may have to pick some up. Those or the Tigers. Have you tried the Tigers?

The SPs get all the love but I am totally happy with the SSs. Hope they work out for you!

Only one shave on the SSs, but I already know I'll like them.

Like others have said, they feel sharper and slightly less smooth. I was very surprised how close the shave was first pass.

I bought 100 Gillette Wilkinson Swords from India a few months ago. The value for these blades is incredible, even though I usually can't get more than 4 or 5 "good" shaves with them.

Tatra, since they're new and have gotten good reviews.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

lak611, Let us know how those new Tatra blades workout!
Update on the Tatra blades after 5 shaves. I'm happy with these blades. To me they are somewhere in between Astra SP and Astra SS in terms of sharpness and smoothness. Astra SP are not sharp nor smooth enough to me, whereas Astra SS are around the same as GSB to me. I don't regret my purchase, since these Tatra blades were cheap but give me a great shave. Lasting 5 shaves is good enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bought 100 Vi John blades because they were on sale. Big mistake. They're good for 1 shave; won't pull but aren't sharp, either. Seems Vi John better stick to creams.

Rockwell blades, the deal was too good to resist when I bought my 6S and shipping was free. I’m happy with them too - good thing- I’ve still got 96 of them.

Top Bottom