What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

I heard that the Gillette Platinum blades are re-branded King C. Gillette blades. So, after a couple of odd, rough shaves with a Personna blue label blade I bought 100 of the Platinums.

I tried one out this morning and got an efficient, comfortable shave in a favorite old Super Speed.

AE7F5ED5-31E9-4731-A3DE-BA3120797CEE.jpeg

Bought 100 Bic Chrome from Amazon. Used one blade, sent them all back to Amazon for a refund. Maybe I got a bad batch.....
This is what I mean when I've posted how ridiculous the recommendations we make when asked really are. It doesn't matter what the product is, 10 people will say it's the best ever and another 10 will say it's junk. Your experience with Bic is a perfect case in point. I liked them so much, I placed an order for a second 100. You tried 1 and returned the other 99. Anyone who pays attention to recommendations, pro or con, on this site (or any forum/social media), is taking a chance either way. Try to buy from places that have great return policies with free return shipping.

400 Feathers...

Why..? Mmmm..

I found that I'm a one time & toss user (of DE blades) and the best first shave ever I had is from a Feather..

So i guess it will be Feather from now on..❣️

And it worth every penny...

🌹YMMV🌹
I really should have only bought Feathers after I tried the first one. Now, I have close to a dozen brands. That said, my largest stash of blades is Feather, about 250. But I've got 1250 other blades to use as well. :rolleyes: At least they're all decent but none of them really comes close to Feathers for me.

I really should have only bought Feathers after I tried the first one. Now, I have close to a dozen brands. That said, my largest stash of blades is Feather, about 250. But I've got 1250 other blades to use as well. :rolleyes: At least they're all decent but none of them really comes close to Feathers for me.
Exactly that's what I'm telling myself,

Tried so many blades after that first Feather, always back to the Feather..😅

At least your largest stash is Feathers 👌🏼

Thanks god I don't have much DE blades, I settled on:
Rapira Platinum Lux = 100+ blades
Gillette Nacet = 50+ blades
Feather = 150+ blades (=400 blades in the way)

Totally agree sir!
Nothing comes close to Feathers ✌🏼

*Jatai have an amazing deal will end today... 200 blades = 52.50$ 😍👌🏼😍

This is what I mean when I've posted how ridiculous the recommendations we make when asked really are. It doesn't matter what the product is, 10 people will say it's the best ever and another 10 will say it's junk. Your experience with Bic is a perfect case in point. I liked them so much, I placed an order for a second 100. You tried 1 and returned the other 99. Anyone who pays attention to recommendations, pro or con, on this site (or any forum/social media), is taking a chance either way. Try to buy from places that have great return policies with free return shipping.
It is what I say, reading blade reviews isn't only useless, it is a waste of time and deleterious.

Anything but buying a sample pack and test blades in your razor on your face, it's useless.

It is what I say, reading blade reviews isn't only useless, it is a waste of time and deleterious.

Anything but buying a sample pack and test blades in your razor on your face, it's useless.
Absolutely correct! It's just my sample packs are 100 instead of 5. I've done that in past years - buying an assortment of blades (maybe 10 different packs of 5) and they were all about the same for me. That is, except for Feathers, especially in their AS-D2 razor and a ball end Tech as a reasonably close second (for oodles less $$). But I can get a decent shave with Derbys, Nacets, SIs, Perma-Sharps, German Wilkinsons, etc., etc. But I get the best shaves with Feathers. And your point about razors is really spot on. Almost all of my razors are vintage Gillettes and most of them shave about the same. That is, until I added an Old Type short comb and NEW long comb. Both shave much closer than any of my other Gillettes and, other than Feathers, blades like the Bic and Perma-Sharp seem to be quite good in them. With care, I get brilliant shaves from them but don't want to use them daily. But my two Super Speeds, Aristocrat ('48-50), and war era Tech are getting less use than they were.

Top Bottom