What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Ordered a few (more than 100) Nacets from Italian Barber yesterday as they were on a good sale price. Just have to see what all the fuss is about as I haven't tried them yet and they are so well regarded around here. It's actually my third attempt at buying Nacets. The previous two times were from auction site vendors in Jordan. Neither shipment made it to me and the second one via FedEx was rejected by Canada customs apparently. Don't know why. Anyway I'm sure my order from IB will get here soon, they haven't failed me yet. Can anyone tell me if Nacets have the extra sloppy wax dots on them like the Silver Blues do?

Ordered a few (more than 100) Nacets from Italian Barber yesterday as they were on a good sale price. Just have to see what all the fuss is about as I haven't tried them yet and they are so well regarded around here. It's actually my third attempt at buying Nacets. The previous two times were from auction site vendors in Jordan. Neither shipment made it to me and the second one via FedEx was rejected by Canada customs apparently. Don't know why. Anyway I'm sure my order from IB will get here soon, they haven't failed me yet. Can anyone tell me if Nacets have the extra sloppy wax dots on them like the Silver Blues do?
I can't answer that for certain but my guess would be yes. The Gillette Platinums that showed up today have them. The Nacets are due Friday and I'll peek at one then. I will usually clean those dots off before putting a blade that has them in a razor. Easier to use a tissue or micro fiber cloth to wipe off the blade while it's sitting flat on the counter than to get rid of the wax on the razor.

Last edited:
200 Cloud Bruce Lee blades

Because I liked the package.

20220820_170623.jpg
20220820_170751.jpg

lasta

Blade Biter
120 Brazilian Wilkinson Sword

Because I'm thinking about to do a blade participation PIF of these blades.
Hi edw,

Do Brazilian Gillettes come in packages like these?

Hi edw,

Do Brazilian Gillettes come in packages like these?

There are no more Brazilian Gillette branded blade.

Brazilian Procter and Gamble produces and sells only a Wilkinson Sword blade that come in a paper box with 3 units like I showed here. No other.

20220820_172410.jpg

lasta

Blade Biter
There are no more Brazilian Gillette branded blade.

Brazilian Procter and Gamble produces and sells only a Wilkinson Sword blade that come in a paper box with 3 units like I showed here. No other.

View attachment 1509903
Thanks!

I'm getting pretty good shaves with the earlier 2000s Brazilian Wilkie's. How do you find the current produce?

Thanks!

I'm getting pretty good shaves with the earlier 2000s Brazilian Wilkie's. How do you find the current produce?
Average blades. Not my top 10.

Surely not on par with Indian or Russian ones.

Of course you can shave with them but must choose well the razor to pair. They're not highly sharp and depending on the razor may be somewhat harsh.

Of course YMMV thing.

It's a shame they dropped the production of Platinum ones or the Azul Aço Inox (blue stainless) blades.
We know, they want to sell cartridges.

Of the widely available blades here in Brazil I prefer the Greek BICs. Or the Lords that became available at least on online stores last 5 years.

lasta

Blade Biter
Average blades. Not my top 10.

Surely not on par with Indian or Russian ones.

Of course you can shave with them but must choose well the razor to pair. They're not highly sharp and depending on the razor may be somewhat harsh.

Of course YMMV thing.

It's a shame they dropped the production of Platinum ones or the Azul Aço Inox (blue stainless) blades.
We know, they want to sell cartridges.

Of the widely available blades here in Brazil I prefer the Greek BICs. Or the Lords that became available at least on online stores last 5 years.
Thanks again! I was thinking about sourcing some current production Brazilians, guess I can pass now.

For what it's worth, I have thick skin, not sensitive, so not the best judge of blade quality. But I found the old Brazil Wilkinsons pretty much equal to the Platinum Plus, both very good! Would be a shame if they went downhill nowadays...

Thanks again! I was thinking about sourcing some current production Brazilians, guess I can pass now.

For what it's worth, I have thick skin, not sensitive, so not the best judge of blade quality. But I found the old Brazil Wilkinsons pretty much equal to the Platinum Plus, both very good! Would be a shame if they went downhill nowadays...
Well

Is that YMMV thing. Surely someone love these blades.

Since my last confession, I bought 100 Perma Sharps, 100 Voskhods, and just tonight, 100 Bic Chromes. I think I've got more blades than life left at this point. Something like 1300. It's just that they're so inexpensive and I keep trying to find something where I can tell the difference from one to another. I don't think in a blind test I could be certain of telling the difference between a Feather and a Derby.

lasta

Blade Biter
Since my last confession, I bought 100 Perma Sharps, 100 Voskhods, and just tonight, 100 Bic Chromes. I think I've got more blades than life left at this point. Something like 1300. It's just that they're so inexpensive and I keep trying to find something where I can tell the difference from one to another. I don't think in a blind test I could be certain of telling the difference between a Feather and a Derby.
Haha, a bit overstated, but I concur!

Though I can definitely tell the difference between a Derby and Feather.

Platinum vs KCG and Wizamet vs GSB though...

Try a Merkur, then a Kai. In my experience, they are as different as night and day. But I agree with you, in that it is hard to tell the difference in many blades. 😉

The only 100 pack I’ve ever purchased were Derby blades. They were fine, but I ended up gifting them to a friend bc I guess I just kinda got bored using the same thing over and over!

I think I’ve seen they changed the packaging, but I was definitely bummed out by the amount of plastic I was going through with that pack too.

Top Bottom