What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks! Hahahaha
We don’t often eat on “real” plates nor use silverware.
We have a dishwasher that is Bluetooth but have only used it once or twice.
Just one of those things.
Well, after Linda died I'm considering a garage sale. I've got a lot of china ware. We never really used it...what to do?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Pancakes and ham.

break a.jpg

Rice cream! This is an old, simple, very healthy recipe. Similar to grits but so much healthier! In an enameled pan or Dutch oven, bring two cups water to boil. In my Vita mix dry blending container, fine ground on pulse, three tablespoons Lundberg Organic Short Grain Brown Rice. Add rice to boiling water, set timer to twenty minutes, begin stirring, bring water down to slow simmer. Continue stirring, after twenty minutes, serve with touch of sea salt, Kerry Butter, pure maple syrup. Unbelievably delicious, heartening, comforting, healthy and nutritious. My half Japanese girlfriend grew up with this... to the finished rice cream she adds one or two poached eggs, and a touch of tamari. Traditional Japanese add one umeboeshi plum, some gomasio/roasted sesame seeds and salt. No matter how you prepare, similar to grits, with salt and butter with pepper. This is a great meal!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Two ham toasties with cheddar cheese, tomato, and scallions. Two small apples and a pot of tea.

Ten minutes after swallowing my last bite I remembered that I don't eat meat on Friday (a religious thing). Therefore, by eating a ham sambo on a Friday morning I actually sinned in most of the world's great religions with each bite.

Owen Bawn

Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, toasted bagel, apple, grapes, and Clementine oranges and a pot of tea.

Cinnamon rolls and coffee.

Grands Flaky Cinnamon Rolls are apparently the latest victim of COVID. can’t find them anywhere and the substitutes are a sorry excuse.

But, I guess like everything else, this old man just needs to adjust and like them.

:em1500:

Owen Bawn

Cinnamon rolls and coffee.

Grands Flaky Cinnamon Rolls are apparently the latest victim of COVID. can’t find them anywhere and the substitutes are a sorry excuse.

But, I guess like everything else, this old man just needs to adjust and like them.

:em1500:
My daughter brought home a couple of hot cinnamon rolls from McDonald's this morning. One bite- I thought it was awful.

My daughter brought home a couple of hot cinnamon rolls from McDonald's this morning. One bite- I thought it was awful.
I’ve got a recipe around here for Tulsa Public Schools Cinnamon Rolls. They were huge light fluffy rolls that were simply awesome. Since the grandkids are coming on the 18th need to find that.

Top Bottom