What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I ran out of walnuts and made my usual whole wheat bread with nuts and seeds with pecans instead. So I had a slice of toast from the old loaf and one from the new loaf. Pecans, surprisingly, are the more pronounced flavor. As is customary, the toast was topped with avocado, home made harissa, a squeeze of lemon juice, and Maldon salt.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
A little hunk of cheddar cheese, a bigger hunk of brown soda bread, 2 small apples, and a pot of tea.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I finished the turkey barley soup for breakfast along with some brown soda bread with butter, 3 Clementine oranges, and a pot of tea.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
It's that time of year when cute little animals (and cute big ones) get turned into cute little packages of meat in the freezer. Now we get to use up some of the trimmings and other things from the beef, pork, lamb, mutton, chicken, turkey and fish we've put away to get us through until next year.

This morning dawned brilliantly clear, 0C. A good fire in the cookstove, a hot tankard of coffee and slices of scrapple browning in a pan.

Mutton scrapple this morning, made last night and put in a loaf pan to set up.

Heaven!

O.H.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
A fine breakfast:
7AD4E428-579C-452E-8059-CE50808D7681.jpeg

Top Bottom