What's new

What's your best LOOKING finisher?

Possibly prettier - beauty is in the eye of the beholder though. Again- not purely a 'finisher'. Okudo Suita & Tomo

proxy.php

Occasionally, I do covet another man's hone.

That's the one-love the look of that one.

Ty

The look is good, but the feel is out of this world..impossible to describe actually. Just a brilliant stone.

Oddly - neither of them are the 'best' finisher I have... but they're both pretty spectacular to look at and use.

Ty

The look is good, but the feel is out of this world..impossible to describe actually. Just a brilliant stone.

Oddly - neither of them are the 'best' finisher I have... but they're both pretty spectacular to look at and use.
Has a crème brûlé kinda look to it too.

I think these two Nakayama Koppas are my best looking stones. I get amazing edges off the Kiita but they are both great. I need a little more time to figure out the Nashiji.

Nakayama Koppa Kiita

proxy.php

Nakayama Nashiji Koppa

proxy.php

How different do koppa and kiita look?

My understanding is that Koppa refers to the smaller or odd shape of the stones vs the uniform rectangular cuts. Kiita is the orange/yellow color and Nashiji refers to the white spots on the greenish stone. The pics don't do the stones justice. The Kiita is dark orange fading out to a yellow and the Kashiji is mottled green, brown and cream.

Nashiji means 'Pear Skin' - can indicate a fast cutter. That stone also has Namazu - the squiggly line and the blotch in the corner.
Both are very interesting Koppas.

:cursing: none of my stones are really that interesting looking… i keep trying to find some that are, but no luck just yet…

I really don't have any spectacular looking hones, even though I have some that work really well. I think my best looker is my la petite blanche coticule... it's in the first post in the coticule love thread.

Top Bottom