What's new

What's the verdict on Schick Eversharp Injector razors?

So I went to my local pharmacy today, and happened upon at least 10-12 packs of Schick Injector razors, which to my knowledge, haven't been made in quite some time now. This led me to wonder whether or not I should give the Eversharp a try or not. What do you guys think of this rather crude-looking device. I've seen the reviews here on B&B, I was just looking for more feedback.

these beasts give a pretty good shave. Quite simple to use. A lot like a Bic sensitive disposable, but more aggressive (generally speaking). A light touch is well rewarded.

Schick Injectors are pure awesomeness!! Schick does indeed still make blades, they are available from drugstore.com for example.

An Injector will give you a close, comfortable shave with very little fuss. You also don't have to worry about the blade angle as you do with a DE razor (since you shave with the razor's head pretty much flat against the face).

The DE razor was the most popular of it's time period (and clearly the most popular on this board) but that doesn't mean it was a superior design.

I can buy injector blades locally. I have 3 eversharps I inherited and am considering giving them another go. I think my angle was wrong last time.

The old Schick injectors may just be the best safety razors ever made.

They work for almost everyone, and the shaves are close and quick. The Chinese Schick blades are great too.

The sheer volume of DE and straight users (and to a lesser extent, Gem-type SE users) on this site can overwhelm the injector users here, which is why the injector gospel gets buried.

Injector razors also superficially resemble cartridge razors, so that can make them somewhat aesthetically less pleasing to people here. :001_rolle

Love all my injectors! E, G, J, M, and I are all great. I have a C as well and a PAL adjustable and PAL Injectomatic. I am lucky that the local grocery store sells Schick blades.

I love my injectors, very easy razors to use if you have ever used a disposible, the only thing is, because they feel so familiar your muscle memory may cause you to apply too much pressure which will result in a very poor shave.

Read the fine print on the back of the packages. The injectors could be from the US, Germany, or China, depending on how old they are. All are decent, but the quality has actually been improving for the newer Chinese ones over the slightly older German ones.

I just started using an Injector within the last two months. These things are fantastic! The blades are easy to load and you don't have the risk of cutting your finger like DE razors. These blades are not easily found in Vancouver but that's why we have online retailers. Grab them, you won't regret your decision!

Fantastic razors!

I have the Types E, I and J and prefer them in that order. They are so good that they rival my favorite, the GEM 1912 Damaskeene.

If you are at all interested, then you owe it to yourself to try one. They are available at good prices and combine that with the fact that Schick still manufactures the blades.

Best safety razor ever made. I have an I2 and its a treasure that consistantly delievers perfect shaves

I pretty much alternate between one of my Gillette DE’s, my Schick/Eversharp injectors, and my Edwin-Jagger handled Sensor Excel’s. Shoot, I might even reach for an Atra or a Trac-II if I get a wild hare…

I like them all and have been kind of surprised that I can’t find a separate section here for the injector razors. I really like them.

Although I don’t know of anyone that is still manufacturing the razors they are still making the blades and there are lots of razors available on eBay.

Give one a try and decide for yourself.

My model G consistently gives me better shaves than any I have used. That includes straights! Heckava lot easier too! I alternate between it and a Cobra Classic which is a little different machine.

Fred

Top Bottom