What's new

What's the best of the Pinaud Clubman aftershaves?

Well, if you let them age for eight years, like this thread did, they all improve, even though they start out just fine.

And they are all worth trying.

So are the hair tonics. As aftershaves, that is.

Probably unfair for me to answer, since I've just used their regular, which I love. I'm toying with the idea of trying the Special Reserve soon, so I can compare.

I love Clubman but I refuse to buy them until the come in a glass bottle. The clubman rots the plastic bottle giving off a horrible stink.

I love Clubman but I refuse to buy them until the come in a glass bottle. The clubman rots the plastic bottle giving off a horrible stink.

I had the same experience, a while ago. I was really excited to try the classic Pinaud Clubman, but it just reeked so awfully of acrid plastic that I had to throw it out.

What I could smell through the plasticy stench was a powdery, sweet floral scent; I, too, would be curious about trying this from a glass bottle.

I don't have a favorite; I own and like them all.

I have tried many of them, I keep trying to pair down my aftershave collection; but cannot.

My Pinaud regular line up includes:
Original
Lilac Vegetal
Lime Sec
Special Reserve
Vanailla

I have tried the Musk, Citrus Musk, and VIBR, these were the ones I cut from my list.

Thinking of trying the Osage and Quinine.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Clubman for your first one. Very classic, barbershop smell. Distinctive.

Next, VIBR. Great bay rum. Nice tingly afterburn.

Finally, if you are man enough, Special Reserve. Not everybody can rock the SR. Metro types should probably avoid it.

I've tried Clubman, lime sec and citrus musk. Love them all. I use Clubman almost daily.
My wife likes all three. I love to get samplers of the others.

Garry's sample shop seems to be closing/changing its business model. Any idea as to where to get a decent sized sample of the entire Pinauds line?

I've used Clubman, Special Reserve, Musk, Vanilla, and The Veg. I like Clubman the best but will probably use up the SR first. Some in this thread have bashed the SR, but I've had compliments from some of the women at work about it. The Musk and Vanilla don't do much for me and I won't replace them when they are gone. As to The Veg....it is a very controversial brew! When I applied it, my wife liked it a lot and said it had a powdery scent. However, to me, it smelled like cat pee. I was horrified at the notion of walking about smelling of feline urine and got rid of the stuff. I've read other threads where people also felt The Veg smelled like cat pee, so I'm not alone on this. Since my wife did not detect this, I must be one of "the chosen" with my skin chemistry, but my nose said otherwise.

Garry's sample shop seems to be closing/changing its business model. Any idea as to where to get a decent sized sample of the entire Pinauds line?

Maggard Razors sells samples of Pinaud. $2.25 for 12ml in a small spray vial.

Top Bottom