What's new

What's in your pocket today?

I used my new Platinum Preppy today. It has a fine nib, but on the paper I was using (a checkbook register), it wrote a very wide line and bled through. The Metro never did that. I tried it on regular paper, and it wrote about like the Pilot Petit1 Mini I have, a slightly wider line than the Pilot Metropolitan. The Preppy and the Mini will be used for work, so most of that writing will be on printer paper and sticky notes.
So far the Metro is my favorite of the three, but I preferred the Pilot ink that came with it to the Robert Oster ink I put in once the cartridge ran out.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Vintage pen Friday! I'm debuting the Sheaffer Triumph Vac I just got back from the repair guy. More on that pen when I have some time to write a good post, but is exquisite! Currently inked from the repair shop with Waterman Inspired Blue , although the only thing it is inspiring me to do is change the ink. Too close to Infantry Blue, I guess, for this tanker :tank:
Looking forward to the review.
I just ordered some blue cord ink, my favorite color. 😉

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Pelikan M200 with Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite
1627922870145.png

Various things that I'm carrying around in pockets and in my laptop case. The penny is not exactly my "lucky" penny, but it's from my birth year and I keep it with me. For a pen that is almost always with me, the Fisher Space Pen gets used very seldom, but occasionally it's useful. That battered notebook is actually Rhodia's smallest size, 2 x 2.9 inches, but it's so worn that the layer with the Rhodia logo peeled off the cover.

And the pens, top one is a Montblanc Noblesse, a 1970s pen that is quite a bit unlike the usual image of a Montblanc. Below it a current model Pilot Elite. Both have De Atramentis Document inks, blue and violet respectively.

Pocket.jpg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Various things that I'm carrying around in pockets and in my laptop case. The penny is not exactly my "lucky" penny, but it's from my birth year and I keep it with me. For a pen that is almost always with me, the Fisher Space Pen gets used very seldom, but occasionally it's useful. That battered notebook is actually Rhodia's smallest size, 2 x 2.9 inches, but it's so worn that the layer with the Rhodia logo peeled off the cover.

And the pens, top one is a Montblanc Noblesse, a 1970s pen that is quite a bit unlike the usual image of a Montblanc. Below it a current model Pilot Elite. Both have De Atramentis Document inks, blue and violet respectively.

View attachment 1305842
I love those wheat pennies, I used to collect them as a child.

Pilot Dr. Grip Gel, black ink.
Lays down a nice dark line and doesn't smudge. With a quick trim to a G2-style refill, it will fit and give me any color I want.

Gold Pilot Metro with Robert Oster Thunderstorm ink. I had to refill it last night. The converter ran out of ink a *lot* faster than the cartridge. But a 50 ml bottle will last a fairly long time.

Esterbrook Estie Oversize Ebony Gold with Diamine Cornflower. Very smooth writer , as I already said :)
I now have only this pen inked and am not stressed about having to use a different one every day !!

Top Bottom